If you have a child and you are under age does that Emancipate you?

i live in florida.

but what if you get married with the baby's father!

ok to make things clear my parents dont have a problem Emancipating me! and in florida if you have a child you do not need consent of your parents to get married!


obviously some people dont understand my question!!!

does just having the baby alone Emancipate you, without having to get married or filing an Emancipation case!!!

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer


    according to this getting married emancipates you but getting pregnant does not

    Source(s): Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, Inc. 100 E. Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32801 Telephone: (407) 841-8310
  • teri
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Emancipation is when you can show that YOU can stand on your own feet, have a job, pay your bills and be responsible...so no just having a baby doesn't mean emancipated...as for your parents dont' quite understand...unless they are giving you rules and stuff that you dont like...or they are critical of how you are with you baby...

    no dont' go and screw you life up by marrying the dad to get away from home...thats just putting salt in your wounds...and making things worse...

    if your not able to be as responsible as it sounds then perhaps getting help from your parents is a good thing...remember its not all about you now...your a mom and your baby's needs must come first before yours....and how old are you...

    i would like to be sure that you love your baby and are happy with your decision to keep it...BRAVO and COngrats to you...that took courage...so just think and stop reacting unless the situation your in is harmful to your baby...then check things out there are people who can help...the last thing you want is to have to come crawling home if things go wrong...and with a baby you will have to for your baby.

    so good luck and your in my prayers...

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    To count as being legally emancipated, you need to actually get emancipated, that's the point if filling out all of the paperwork, having a child or getting married wont change that, so until you're 18 you need to do the paperwork for it to be legal

  • Laura
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    you answered your own question there, KIDDO!


    you need parental consent if you are under age to marry some one else who is either 1. under age or 2. a legal adult (18 yrs. and older).

    if you are getting emancipated, i don't believe that you need parental consent.

    ********BEFORE YOU GO RUSHING OFF TO GET MARRIED****** just because you have a child with a person and not married to them DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD MARRY THEM!

    Source(s): common sense
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    I live in Missouri, and the law here states that if you have a child you are emancipated.

  • KRIS
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    no, you have to be self supporting. that means having a job, paying rent, buying food and paying utilities. you know being grown up and responsible.

    getting pregnant and being unmarried does not make you responsible!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    Do us taxpayers a favour and DON'T bring another unwanted baby into the world PLEASE! Stop thinking about yourself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.