Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

I just had a baby personal question is my vagina going to stay open like that for long?

My husband was changing my wraps on my vagaina and he noticed it was still open and swollen and I was bleeding can you tell me why I am worried something may be wrong

Favorite Answer

It's going to be swollen. You just had a baby. If it starts looking infected then please see a doctor. If not then you should be ok. Your doctor will check it out at your next visit. Try to relax and enjoy this time with your newborn.

Men don't know what they are looking for anways.

You're ok hun!

CONGRATS!

what bandages? Or wraps?? I gave birth to 2 babies vaginally and I never had wraps?? And it should close back the same minute the baby shoots out. It may be a little loose but it tightens in a couple of weeks. Your vagina is meant to stretch, to allow a baby to pass. How do you mean your husband is changing your wraps? How do you wrap a vagina in the first place??? I think you are fine, and everything is normal, Good luck with the new baby!! If you are still concerned call the OB and ask him/her!!

If you just had a baby it's normal to still be bleeding, you will continue to bleed for several weeks. Every woman is different but on average bleeding can last anywhere from 3 days to 5 weeks. However if your gut is telling you something isn't right, then make a same day appt with your doctor for your own reassurance. It's always better safe than sorry. Hope you heal soon!

Source(s): mommy of two, one on earth and one in heaven.

All the bleeding and everything should go away after about 6-8 weeks. Just stay off of your feet and try not to do to much. elevate your legs once and a while you will be okay. Everything goes back to normal.

It takes a while for the swelling to go down. I was afraid of this too. But i waited 6 weeks and then had sex with my husband and he said it felt the same as before the baby came.

well i didnt have a tear when i had my daughter..she was only 6 pounds...but as for the open part..no it doesnt stay that way for long....your swollen cause of the tear..the bleeding is normal also..you will bleed for several weeks on and off...hope this helps ya some

Wraps? What kind of damage did you incur? Were forceps or a vacuum extractor used during delivery? Do you have stitches?

No, it'll shrink and heal with time. For crying out loud, a baby came out of it! Of course it'll be gaping and swollen.

Source(s): Mommy to a 7 mo. old and my vagie looks fine and dandy.

you'll be fine your vagina is like a rubber band it stretched to have the baby and now you'll have to give it sometime but everything will get back to normal , it's the way God made our bodies.

give it the 40 days like the doc says ... it will be open for a bit .. but Its naturally goes back it self....

Every woman worrys about that....