Should there be a penalty for someone who reports a question or answer that is not in violation of the rules?

It seems like a lot of people get violation notices for a lot of stupid reasons.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

my regular account was suspended today i had 21000 points. the suspension was for nothing at all. i did get a violation and as soon as i challenged it to yahoo i was suspended. i was not in violation in any way yet a year and a half of q/a i loose my points FOR NOTHING.... be warned that yahoo will do the same to you if you challenge unwarrented violations

• 1 decade ago

Yes. two days ago I got a violation notice for quoting two Bible verses in the Religion & Spirituality section. Reporting has gotten out of hand. I think these "reporters" are basically cowards that hide behind the fact that they don't have to face the people they accuse. Oh, no I'll probably get accused for something on this one too.

• I agree. There are some that are even being deleted for no good reason. I saw one today, he had to make a new account. I know he shouldn't have been a problem, but I think somebody kept reporting him. I also think Yahoo should have to verify these people are honestly doing something wrong before doing anything. It could be me if somebody decides they don't like me.

• 1 decade ago

yes... they should have to stay in a special yahoo answers room where all they do is report each other ... and their "roommates" would actually be all the people who are in violation. then, maybe just maybe they would learn what is a violation and what isn't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sam
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

A good and constructive thought (first part of the question).

I am ignorant, about the second part of the question, though.

Y!A team is the competent authority to answer the second part and, perhaps, you might wish to ask them...

• 1 decade ago

i know its really stupid.

i think the reports shuld b sent to the yahoo staff or whoever for them to look at it, and for them to decide if its worth the trouble. and have them deal with it, and maybe also keep close tabs on their Q/A's, tho that wuld take a lotta time...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One of the best ideas I have heard in a while. You should suggest this to the higher powers!

• 1 decade ago

That is a REALLY good idea! You should suggest that in the forum!

• Masha
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

"You hurt my feelings, so I'm reporting you! Wahhhhhhh!" Yeah, they should really grow up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, that is called point gaming!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.