Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

What's the best way to maintain skin elasticity when losing weight?

I have quite a bit of weight to lose and am TERRIFIED of sagging skin. There is a definite difference between sagging skin and untoned muscle. Once you have sagging skin, you may as well opt for surgery. It is almost impossible to get rid of. How can I prevent this? I am most concerned about my stomach and my inner thighs. I am in my late twenties. I am sure I need to drink plenty of water and moisturize. Any other tips? Please help. I would almost rather be heavy than have my skin sag...

Favorite Answer

Try Palmer's Cocoa Butter. :) A lot of pregnant women use it to prevent stretch marks on their bellies and it helps with elasticity.

The best way to tighten loose skin is to exercise the parts of your body that you're most worried about.

For the tummy, nothing does it better than crunches. They tighten the muscles and tone the abdomen.

For the inner thighs, try bike riding and pilates. Pilates are cardiovascular, so they burn calories while toning muscle. The "side-lying" pilate and yoga positions will really help your inner thighs.

The most important thing is to start these exercises now, while you loose the weight. They'll help burn calories and you'll tone as you get thinner. All it'll take is 20 minutes a day.

Good luck!

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

fresh herbs can really zing up a healthy meal try growing some in the kitchen using a strawberry pot preserve the flavor by adding fresh herbs at the end of the cooking process

Eat early in the day to lose moew weight

Chew thoroughly chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing

At a restaurant split your meal and eat only half meal and take the rest home if the quality is more

a handful of unsalted pumpkin seeds make for a healthy mid day snack theyre rich in magnesium which helps lower blood pressure

don t sit ideally or sleep immediately after your dinner

Replace chips with salad to cut carbs