How can I make an automatic car very fast more Horse Power?

I own a 1992 Acura Legend. automatic very good condition and I want to add more horse power on it and make it very fast because I race with it sometimes.

give link to products and articles please. or suggestion

Favorite Answer

The cheapest and the fastest way to increase HP is to hook up a NOx (nitrous) system.

Unlike Turbo or Super charger, NOx only comes on when you TURN IT ON. And you can have it for as little as $500 for 50 HP increase. It is usually done for drag racing.

Of course you can (and should) go for a short air intake and exhaust pipes. But they are only good for 5 HP (maybe 10 HP MAX). One of the things people don't realize is that if you were to increase (or decrease) you tire / rim by X percent (in radius), you increase (or decrease) your torque and HP by the same amount. So by decrease the overall 20 inch tire by just 2 inch would quickly increase the torque and HP by TEN PERCENT!!

===

Don't forget to vote for the BEST ANSWER - please - whoever it may be.

FACT: You also get +3 points when you vote for BEST ANSWER

One of the first places to start would be the Acura Dealer themselves. they have a performance catalog that you can get that will list all the available performance parts for the motor you have. from there I would pick up some of the Honda Magazines (If you where not aware Acura is the high end Honda) They have tons of ads for performance shops. You may also want to check out summit racing and see what they have (Honestly they are not my first choice. I have had a number of bad experiences with them) Or you can check out 2k Racing. these should be some good places to get you started.

Practically, there is no way to make an automatic fwd import very fast. However, the most economical upgrade is a dry nitrous set-up. One can safely attain horsepower gains of up to one hundred twenty five hp, without having to do any major modifications.

How much are you willing to spend? You can start with cool air intakes, performance throttle, cams, etc. It depends. Some air intakes AEM ,K&N and others will add fron 3 to 10 hp.

get a cold air intake, headers, exhaust , get as much wieght out of the car as you can, or you can turbo or super charge it....NOS you shouldnt do with out engine upgrades or a chip also all it will do is use extra gas for no reason

if you want to get alot of HP if you happen to come by raceing gas you use that(103 octane)

Get a chip and a shift kit here's a site about chip not sure about a good shift kit site might wanna check around

Source(s): www.superchips.com

A front wheel drive car will never be fast without dumping tens of thousands of dollars into it. Buy a RWD car.

Turbocharger or supercharger.