Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

baby wipes?

my 6 month old likes to hold her baby wipes and she likes to suck on them and play with them and put it in her mouth. is it ok to let her do that?? is there anything in the wipe that can hurt her? i tasted a wipe and it didnt taste like anything. is it ok to let her play with a clean wipe?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I would freeze a wet baby washcloth for her to suck on. This was the best thing for my daughter when she was teething. The plastic teething rings she would always put holes in.

  • 1 decade ago

    LOL my daughter is 16 months old and she has always sucked on them and never had any problems she is no teething all the time and she still does it i think they just like the feel of it in their mouths.

  • 1 decade ago

    My daughter loves to do that to. I would let her suck on them to get through a diaper change (sometimes it was the only way she would stay still). When I was done with the diaper change I would get a clean wash cloth and wet it with water and let her suck on that for as long as she wanted.

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes its fine. If it wasnt safe for a baby to play with then they would warn you on the bag or box. And I dont beleive they do so go ahead let her play. My son eats his wash rag in the bath tub with soap all over it and he is perfectly fine.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    she's probably teething, since she likes the coldness of the wipe. Give her an alternative, like a teething ring.

  • Panda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    the best people to ask about this is the poison control center. Honestly I wouldn't worry. I think at most it might give her a mild upset stomach if she "eats" too much. check the packaging and see if there are any warning labels.

  • 1 decade ago

    I still wouldnt let her do that buy some face washers and keep them for her to play with she could break abit of in her mouth and swallow or worse choke on it..

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I don't know if it is bad but if i where you i would just wet a cloth and let your baby suck on that.

  • 1 decade ago

    My 11 month old does the same thing and he's still okay, lol. Ask your pediatrican if it really worries you though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.