When I try to crank my engine something is causing my fuses to blow, preventing it from makin noise when start

my car would run fine, then when I try to start it up later it wouldnt crank or even make a sound. when someone checked it my fuses were blown, I dont know if its a electrical problem or something else. Any answers?

Favorite Answer

I own a shop, and can tell you there is a short (hot + going to ground -) causing the fuses to blow. It is an electrical problem, and requires someone who has experience in finding shorts with a meter or other devices. These problems can take some time to find, and can get expensive to track down, but find a reputable shop, and have them take a look at it. It may be simple to find, and not cost much to repair if it's something that's obvious, but if it's not; then it could take a few hours to track down. The vehicle is unsafe to operate like that (fire hazard) and should be checked by someone qualified right away.

Glad to help out, Good Luck!!!

Source(s): Certified Master Mechanic, Shop Owner, 40 yrs. experince.

Souns like a wire is grounding out. Check all the wires you can to make sure the metal core isn't contacting any oother metal.