Do people Answer questions on Yahoo Answers..........?

...more for the purpose of sharing their observations and knowledge with people who might be helped by them, or for the purpose of self aggrandizing themselves ? I see a great deal of the later and some of the former, but which do you think is more prevalent here? Recently someone posted a... show more ...more for the purpose of sharing their observations and knowledge with people who might be helped by them, or for the purpose of self aggrandizing themselves ?

I see a great deal of the later and some of the former, but which do you think is more prevalent here?

Recently someone posted a "question" of whether they should or shouldn't be proud of reaching 100 "best answers." Obviously this was a thinly veiled attempt to embroider their own efforts with the praise and allocades of others.
Is yahoo answers more a platform where narcissists can momentarily satiate their hungry egos through self-golification and acclaim from others,or a place where individuals can aid people in gaining insights and information to solve their own quandaries ?
Update: Whoops! Looks like a typo got by me. That should read GLORIFICATION, not golification. Luckily, my question didn't bruise anyone's ego so badly that they took it personally and felt the need to pinpoint and harp on this little error. Glad to see all your great responses and to know that none of you... show more Whoops!
Looks like a typo got by me.
That should read GLORIFICATION, not golification.
Luckily, my question didn't bruise anyone's ego so badly that they took it personally and felt the need to pinpoint and harp on this little error.
Glad to see all your great responses and to know that none of you are so patio....
whoops, there I go again....
I meant petty.