The Beatles?

I was just wondering who else around my age, 14, likes The Beatles. All my friends think I'm "dumb" for liking them. I honestly think they are the best band ever. They were talented, creative, intuitive, and ingenious. I was wondering who else thought so.

Favorite Answer

I think it's awesome that you like the Beatles. I grew up listening to them and love their music still.

You should appreciate whatever music appeals to you and not feel like you have to go along with the "crowd" . My daughter is a good example --she has loved music from all genres for a long time (she's 21 now) but loves classic rock, jazz, classical, folk, and newer singers as well. She grew up listening to my classic rock and folk music (including the great Beatles) and also show tunes. We both love musicals. I think the influence of music as she grew up caused her to become a music major in college--she graduates next year and will teach band and chorus.

Anyway--stay the individual that you are with music --and with your life in general . You will be a happier person for it.

Good for you as you have proved that you have a mind of your own and don't always go along with what other think or do. There is nothing wrong at all with someone your age liking music from a different era as music is music particularly good music with good singing and great musicians which the Beatles certainly were. I'm not your age by a long shot but I can appreciate tour good taste in music and thanks for the good question too.

They were great and I still enjoy listening to them . I saw them many years ago on the Ed Sullivan show when they first performed here in America though I was just about 7 years old . I was also born the same year John Lennon and Paul McCartney first met one another , 3 years before they formed the Beatles.

About 100 million people do. They were moderately successful. In 1964, 8 of every 10 records sold in the U.S. were by the Beatles.

I'm 14 and I like the Beatles, I didnt when I was younger but my brother got me into them, they're a really talented group of people if you think about everything they've done.

You're far from being dumb for liking them.

• Norht

I am now much older than 14, but I liked them when I was your age too. I think they are a great band. Don't let anybody tell you what is "good" or "bad" when it comes to the arts. You are the only one that can be the judge of that.

The bands your friends like wouldn't exist without the Beatles. They revolutionized the way popular music was written, played and even recorded. Even people who don't like the band can't dispute their influence.

Nice to listen to albums with all great songs instead of one like nowadays, huh? I was always more of a vintage Stones fan, but gotta give the Beatles their due

Yes, you are going to get alot of replys to this. Everyone likes the Beatles of all ages. I have liked them ever since I was eight.

Love em, Along with Zeppelin and Floyd.