Is the Bonneville a good first car?

I'm looking for a big car. I'm 6'2 and 20 yrs old. Help me out!

Favorite Answer

I'm 6'1, and my '03 Bonneville is an OK fit...

If you like the Bonneville, I would recommend it highly as a first car. You'll get great gas mileage, reliability (depending on maintenance) and safety.

BTW, I have a GTO and love it, but I would NOT recommend it for a first car. I also won't let my 17 year old son drive it. It is WAY too much car for the novice driver, and insurance costs will absolutely kill you if the car doesn't do it first. Great car, but not for everybody, ya know?

It depends what you're willing to spend, and what year you're looking for. I'm 6'5, 340lb and I drive a 2000 Bonneville SSEi. I find the car to be fairly comfortable, though my knees will occasionally touch the area near the center controls if I relax too too much. I've gotten used to it though, and find that its not a big deal. I guess it would also depend on how long your legs are. My pant inseam is 32/34, so if your legs are much longer, you may be a little more unconfortable than I am, lol.

If you want a newer vehicle, check out the latest GTO (before they are all gone). The car is smaller than the Bonneville, but has way more interior room for the driver. I actually had to move my seat forward to reach the pedals! Very comfortable. Also, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300C are about the roomiest you'll find.

I hope this info helps, and good luck shopping.

Yes.

A Bonneville is a very good starter car. You will be very satisfied!!! Best wishes!!!

Same answer for your other question check Yahoo Autos for reviews along with Cars.com and http://www.kbb.com/kbb/ReviewsAndRatings/OwnersRev...

I believe the cars of the 21st century were better than anything from the 90's.

yeah if its a 1967 with a 400 big block 11 1/2 :1 compression and a turbo 400 mine would lay down 100 fett of rubber in low gear

I might suggest that you try this internet site where onel can get rates from different companies: http://COVERAGEQUOTES.NET/index.html?src=1YAcoaln9...

RE :Is the Bonneville a good first car?

Follow 6 answers