is anyone having problems with their motorola razor phone?

About 2 months ago I dropped my cell phone. I thought I had broken it but after messing with the battery and sim card, I got it to work. But now I am having problems. Sometimes I can't dial out. None of the buttons work. I can receive calls but that is it. My cell phone provider says that the phone is under warranty but if it is damage caused by me then I will be charged $120.00 for a new phone. I am wondering if one of my kids possilbly got water on the buttons. They are 14 & 15 years of age so they I would hope tell me. What do you think? Should I have them check it out? I can't really afford 120 buck either. Do you know of anything else that would cause this problem?

Favorite Answer

i had the same problem happen to me,

but only my button didnts freeze,

my phone would like lock up,

i couldnt call, but people could call me.

i took it to cingular, they sent it in and i got a new one for free.

I have a Motorola Razor and I've had problems with it, but mostly with the battery (the life on it is terrible!) I've dropped mine more times than I can count (the camera is shattered) and it still keeps on going. But nothing like what you are experiencing. If its covered under warranty, I'd probably just have to pay the $120 for a new phone. Unless you have Verizon and have the "new every 2" deal and just get a new phone without paying a fee.

As far as water damage, a friend of mine dropped hers in water and waited until it dried out to take it back. When they opened it, there was either a mark that was washed away or something that showed up after coming in contact with water (I can't remember which). Either way, they claimed that her warranty didn't cover water damage and they had proof that her phone had been damaged by water exposure.

Good luck!

My parents and sister have the razors and paid a pretty penny for them. After just a few months there buttons stopped working too and its hard to hear people because the speakers are all screwed up. Most people Ive know whos had a razor has had nothing good to say about them. Do not pay the $120 get a new phone. I have a cheapo phone and those are always the best.

Someone probably got water on it because one time I washed my cell phone in the washing machine and none of the buttons worked. So that is most likely happened. Yeah I had to get a new phone. If you dropped your sell phone that long ago I can almost guarantee that your problems now have nothing to do with that if it had worked for that long since you dropped it but mysteriously stopped working.

Naw. The phone buttons are likely broken from either 1) you dropping it or 2) wear and tear. If it was water damage, there'd be more messed up than a few keys!

You could get a cheap prepaid phone at Target/Walmart if you have a GSM phone. Or, get the cheapest phone available from your carrier. I'm suprised they're not charging you more than $120.

I used to have a razr and it really DID SUCK.

I really regret ever getting it.

As for the water damage.....open it up, and lift out the battery...there is a white dot that turns blue [or some color] when the phone's been in contact with water.

<33Chrissy

Source(s): experience.

razors are crap. i had mine for a year, & it messed up in all kinds of ways. it was always turning itself off for no reason, & the screen would just turn white out of nowhere. i just got a sidekick3. best phone everrr.

plus, i used to talk to a bunch of guys that worked for t-mobile, & they even said that razors suck, & they hate whenever they sell them to people because they know they're giving them a crappy phone.

dust may be the other thing that causes the keys to stop working like this