I have a lot of secrets from my parents.Really bad secrets.Should I tell them?

Secrets about cutting,having a yahoo,having a boyfirend over yahoo who was way older than me,then dumping him because he was a perv,and kissing my new boyfriend

Favorite Answer

Yes you need to talk to your parents. Most parents would want you to come to them and tell them anything. Sounds like you are really wanting to talk to them about it.

Everybody keeps a certain amount of secrets from their parents, its part of being young, exploring the world, and asserting your own independence. However as someone who's kept some pretty big whoppers from my parents over the years, there's a time to admit that you need help. If you are asking if you should tell them then you probably need their help. That's what they're there for after all. At first it will probably be awkward and they will probably react strongly but eventually you'll find that you feel better. Cutting is a way to physically deal with problems you can't emotionally handle yourself. Talk to your parents and they can help you find the help you need.

You should have told them about cutting when you were cutting, so they could help you. Having any relationship other than friendship over the internet is just asking for some creepy old man to show up at your doorstep. Kissing your new boyfriend does not necessarily need to be their business, but if you have sex or anything close you need to get tested for everything at a doctor's office.

If you are feeling guilty enough to ask these questions, then you should probably fess up to them. Keep in mind that as a young teen, you are going to have secrets from your parents, and as much as they don't need to know every detail of every single thing you do- if you are doing something that you CAN'T tell them- that should set off an alarm that maybe you shouldn't be doing it. Keep in mind that when you tell them, they are going to be upset with you initially, but might trust you more for telling themin the long run. Be good!

• Rara

Yes, you should tell your parents all of those. The secrets about cutting and having a boyfriend over Yahoo endanger/ed you and they should know about it. They might be mad, but they just want what's best for you.

If for no other reason...You better tell to get help about the cutting. That is a sign that you are feeling overwhelming guilt. The cutting will ruin your looks and destroy the gift of beauty that God gave you. Tell your parents and they will understand.

If they don't, please contact me or someone in authority that you feel comfortable with. You need help with these issues and I hope your parents will be understanding and let their love for you prevail. Good luck. My prayers are with you, jason

communiation is key sweetie. eventually ur going to have to tell them about those secrets. itll be a great weight of ur shoulders once everything is out in the open. its not going to be easy either. u shud tell them now b4 thy found out the hard way. i know my dad downloaded all my emails and printed them out. i wasnt that bad. just had 2 bfs, kissed both of them, and cursed....alot. ever since then(2 yrs ago) ive been completely honest with my parents and we have a close relationship.

Source(s): good luck :) rly

Honesty is always the best policy. Some parents love it when their children tell them things that they do not know; however, there are a few parents that dislike anything their children do. In the end though I think you get more respect if you are honest.

If you can trust your parents not to further harm you if they find out your secrets, then yes, tell them. If you can not trust them, then you should tell another adult you trust, i.e. a teacher, or a school counselor, a minister, etc. If your parents really love you, then hopefully they will help you deal with your secrets.

Source(s): my own parenting experiences and training as a school counselor

Yes. The only thing they can do in the end is help you.

And cutting is never the answer.

My friend almost died from cutting. It hurts my heart so much for people to be in enough pain to do that.

I'm sure your parents will be a little disappointed in you but they will appreciate you telling them the truth .it's better to tell them then for them to find out another way .so telling them may not sound good but it's the right thing to do