How do I get rid of this lonely feeling?

The last guy I was with was the father of my unborn son, and that was 6 months ago. I'm just really lonely. All i do is listen to boys 2 men and miss being in a relationship and having intimacy, and i dont mean sex i just miss kissing. How can i get rid of this feeling?

Favorite Answer

You need to get out of the house and go out with some friends. Take your mind off of him and all of the great things that come with a relationship. I know what you are going thru but not in the same situation. Mine is cuz i am in a long distance relationship and i miss him sooo much when he's not here :-(((

Hey, you need to go out more. Watch a movie, have dinner, find a hobby (knitting would be fun) and do more art and crafts!

Read a book.

Plenty of things to do really. :)

When a relationship ends, its very painful. I know. We all been there. Being lonely is normal when you're alone. Plan for the baby and that might take the loneliness off. :)

Be strong.

Source(s): been there

i'm so sorry, sweetie. all i can say is hopefully time will make it better...which stinks because the wait is lonely and painful. i do understand how you feel. i feel all alone and i am married. he just never shows me how he feels. unless he's being hurtful. then it shows me how much he doesn't care. there is nothing more lonely than being with someone and having them act like you're a piece of furniture...just something that's there. just hang in there and i hope that things will start getting better for you soon.

stop looking for guys that only can give physical satisfaction. Join a church group or a book club. My dad always told me that if I joined and got involved in things I was truly interested in, then I would meet the right guy. its true, I did and it has worked for 25 years! Also, seek God while you are alone. its a wonderful thing. Someday you will want the quiet freedom.

1st, quit listening to the sad music. 2nd--you need to think about seeking outside help--this stress is not good for your baby. There are many great counselors out there who can help you (check your community resources if you do not have insurance coverage). 3rd, take up a hobby that keeps your mind occupied, like sewing, scrapbooking, puzzles...something like that. I understand how you feel--my husband left for Iraq--it is difficult to cope with these things--but your baby is what matters now!

Accept your loneliness but refuse to immerse yourself in it. Stop listening to the sad love songs...stop thinking about the "old days"...stop fantacizing about relationships. Get up--get out of the house--do something for someone who is in need. Focusing on the needs of others instead of fixating on your current situation will pull you out of the loneliness blues.

it sounds simple but its true...stop thinking about it. it sounds like your not onlly thinking about it, youve immersed yourself in it by writing about it on here, listening to boys 2 men. have you ever heard the saying change your thougths & your feelings will follow, give it a try, its like anything else, hard at first till you get over the hump & then things are strangely as good as they ever were.

• Matt B

you have a kid working against you..... when a girl has a baby out of wedlock... 99.9% of guys will run, because guys don't really trust women who already have kids. We're too concerned with figuring out "does she really love me, or does she just need my paycheck?" I'm really sorry for you, but you've got to find a needle in a haystack.

there're plenty of things that you can do: focus on your unborn son, talk to him, give him a massage, decorate the baby room, go shopping for baby stuff, think about the future of your son, how good of a mom you can make...

Well put yourself out there. . . and let people know your single and stuff. . .

But i suggest learning that lonely isnt always bad. . . .

Thats how idid it .. .and im a suicidal person. . . so i think you can do it