Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Answer this one question and honestly?

Some of you believe in ghosts! But you can't believe in Jesus Christ! He is a the Holy Ghost. Why can't you believe in Him. You don't have a book that tells you rules for believing in ghosts like you do.

Some say that ghosts are spirits; and some people believe in that; why is it so hard to believe in God when you can't see Him? Is it because of fear of Him? I think that all non-believers are afraid of the real spirit; the Holy Spirit.

• YY4Me
    Favorite Answer

"I think that all non-believers are afraid of the real spirit; the Holy Spirit."

If you actually believe that, you are deluding yourself. I know that you theists hate it when we atheists call you delusional, but you prove it too often for us to ignore it.

As an atheist, I don't believe in anything for which there is no evidence. That includes ghosts, "holy" or otherwise.

There is no evidence for "souls" or "spirits," so until and unless there is, there's no reason to think they exist. I have no fear of that which I believe does not exist. I am an atheist, and atheism is neither based on, nor effected by fear.

I don't believe in ghosts or god. Don't classify me with those who do we are totally different and the only thing we share is the disbelief in god. Btw I don't fear anyone made up or real. I don't have to fear someone to be a good person and have good morals.

• .

Jesus Christ is not the Holy Ghost, or a spirit. He has a physical body.

Just because people believe in ghosts doesn't mean they have to believe in Jesus. How are you gonna sound to a Buddhist when you tell him that since he believes in ghosts and spirits thats he should obviously abandon his faith and follow Jesus. You know in Buddhism, spirits and ghosts exsist without a "creator" or all powerful deity.

I believe to Jesus Christ and the Holy spirit

I have, in my time, seen things that are unexplained. That doesn't mean that I 'believe' in ghosts. But here is a question. Even if I believed in ghosts, why in the world would that by necessity validate the concept of christianity? Where do ghosts fit into christianity?

• rosbif

The only spirits I believe in come out of a bottle

• eri

1) No I don't.

2) Nope.

3) I could, but I choose not to because there's no proof he's a god.

4) No I don't.

5) Please prove the existance of spirits.

6) But I can't see him or touch him or taste him or feel him or smell him either. Surely that's a good reason not to believe.

7) Not too bright, huh? Still scared of Santa?

ok, that's a good question, but here's the thing... god exists, ghosts don't. it's as simple as that. and for those who believe that no god exists or govern the universe coz he can't be seen, touched, or heard, I say go study astrology. god can't be seen, but evidence of his existence are everywhere. us, humanbeings are the most simple example. study the brain, study the solar system...all these things point to a superior being who knows everything, and we owe him thanks for the simple, but most tressured blessing of a healthy boady.

how is it that the rules of the universe govern us, choas would prevail if that is true.

go check the signs of the coming of the judgement day given to our prophets from god, and you'll know that the minor sighns are all out now. reading them won't hurt you. go look for them or if you want, I can post them for you here. you will realize that those prophets of god were right.

jesus christ is merely a humanbeing, not a god or even the son of god. I believe in him as a prophet and that's that. HE WAS NOT CRUCIFIED AS MOST OF YOU BELIEVE. god saved him and threw his resemblence on one of his faithfull followers who volunteered to save jesus. he'll make a come back near the day of judgement.

as for ghosts, we don't call them ghosts, or spirits, but the closest beings to them are what we call (jenn) or (jennies) they can't be seen, but they can take on different shapes, mostely the filthiest of the creatures, they can take the human shape, but not perfectly, for thier ugliness would still be visible, and they are messangers of satan, and thier base is the bermuda triangle.

hope that much of info is sufficient

well i'm a muslim & i dun like the idea of ghosts or something like that..i thought people are so modern & liberal that they dun even believe in soul existence.i do have friends who are afraid of ghosts more than God, and that's pure dumb..PEOPLE KEEP ASKING PROOF OF GOD'S EXISTENCE, then prove to me does wind exist? How come physicists had proven that the tiny, micro waves exist? Can u see sound wave? NO U CAN'T, BUT THEY DO EXIST. Same goes with the concept of God..Some of u excused by saying u can't see Him,i have Protestant friend who keeps asking me why are we here, what d hell we're doing in this world. i said to her, "Whatever, like i care..".

second excuse these atheists keep giving to believers is if God exists, why the world is rotting? Why there's no peace?

Here's a story excerpt taht everyone can read:

BARBER: I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD. IF THERE'S GOD, WHY THERE'S STILL WAR? THE CHILDREN IN AFRICA ARE SUFFERING, DISEASES, EPIDEMICS, MURDERS, WHY ISN'T THERE PEACE?

CUSTOMER: (KEEP IN SILENCE)

BARBER: OK, WE'RE FINISHED.

the customer went out of d shop and suddenly stormed in and scolding the barber angrily.

CUSTOMER: YOU'RE SO IRRESPONSIBLE! WHY DIDN'T U CUT THE HAIR OF THE HOBO OUTSIDE THIS SHOP? I SAW THIS HOMELESS GUY OUTSIDE AND HE HAS THE WORST & RUFFLED HAIR!

BARBER: IT'S NOT MY FAULT! HOW SHOULD I KNOW? HE INSTEAD SHOULD'VE COME INTO MY SHOP TO GET HAIRCUT!

the rest is history.. my point is, if u dun pray to God, dun ever blame Him for whatever bad things happening to u. if u dun tell Him, then He won't even care about u. Every bad thing comes from human itself! God helps those who are helping themselves.