Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Is there a way to have an internet connection without a home phone?

I am eagerly wanting to knock off my service with the wretched AT&T. How can I get an internet connection without a home phone so I can just use a cell phone? I'd appreciate the input.

Favorite Answer

With cable you do not need a home phone...

I've seen people dialing up using their mobile phone, so it's possible to use a dial-up service without a landline. I personally haven't done it but a friend of mine used the infrared port on his phone with the infrared port on his laptop to get on the internet. If your phone has a data cable accessory, that might be the easier way to go. You could also get a bluetooth dongle to connect your cellphone to your laptop. Then I think your computer will see this as a modem. Good luck.

I have a T-Mobile MDA (tri-band GSM) that allows full time unlimited internet access & WIndows Mobile 5 has plenty of applications.

The internet access via cell signal is slow. But the coverage also includes any hotspots at no extra charge & even has local wi-fi (I am not suggesting you do an unauthorised connection to any neighbours unsecured wifi).

Cell phone is possible, but expensive i think.

Besides that, you'll need a cell phone that allows you to function as a modem.

It's also possible to obtain internet through coaxial cable or satellite

Check to see if your TV cable provider offers internet service, it's a lot faster as well.

I use Verizon stand alone DSL. Go to Verizon online and enter your address to see if it available for you. You have to live within so many miles of a switching station. Mine is very fast and costs 35.00 a month.

Get DSL or Broadband, some names are TDS, and Charter. Just google it something should come up, I wish you the best.

• LARCO

YES cable tv or wi fi

I'm on BayBroadband.com via microwave antenna. Works great!...