what is the normal age for a baby to start sitting?

up?

Favorite Answer

anywhere between 4 and 7 months is in the normal range. However, if the baby was premature, milestones may be met later. The general rule is for every month that he/she was premature, he/she may need an extra month and a half to reach any milestone. For example, if a baby was 2 months premature, it is to be expected that he be behind by about 3 months. So say for instance the normal age to sit is about six months, it is perfectly normal for a baby 2 months early to not sit unitl 9 months. Most premature kiddos catch up at around 2 years old. Don't worry too much if your baby isn't sitting when you think he should be. All babies are different,

The thing to watch out for is if ALL OR MOST milestones are being met late. I hope this helped some

My son didn't sit up without support until he was 6 1/2 months. His doctor said the norm is between 5-7 months.

Just depends on the baby. Ages range from 4-6 months and maybe later then that.

Usually around 6 months.

My son is almost 4 months old and he stays sitting up for a long time once we help him up that is his favorite position for when my husband or I are playing with him.

around 6 months but all babies are different so "normal" is loosely used

my son is six months and he is just starting to sit up

5-7months.

My eldest sat at 5 months and my youngest at 7 months