Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Doesn't the fact that we only get one single mortal life mean that we are justified in living it any way we...

...want?

Favorite Answer

That's how I approach it. It's pretty fun.

• gg28

If you can justify that, you can justify choosing to forget what God wants or what He did to call you to Himself and you can maybe justify eternity without God in darkness and flames of hell?

"WE" don't "GET" one single mortal life. WE get the privilege of leaving heaven to come to earth to live a life of purpose and meaning and making a difference for others and then going home to God in the end of the earth time.

LIFE is FOREVER and you can do it your way or you can do it God's way, but you are choosing where to spend the eternity AFTER you leave this earth..., Jesus JUSTIFIED the whole world with His shed blood on the cross and it's the ONLY JUSTIFICATION God will accept!

Life didn't begin for you in your Momma's womb and it won't end in a graveyard..., it began in God and it will end where YOU CHOOSE...,either WITH God or WITHOUT Him. Whew! What a thought. Since our life belongs to God.., (He created all life and shared it with me and you) I would never be so arrogant as to try and justify anything to Him.., I would just say "Thank YOU".., and how did you want me to live this life so I can bring it back to you BETTER than when I got it?

Hope you have some 2nd thoughts about 'justifying'. God Bless YOU more than He has already.

True to one life and how far it will take noone knows. You could trace your ancestry and say a few decades. But what book in this mortal life speak about living. THE BIBLE. you could try to compare it with any other religious book but not one can be so specific to what will happen if you don't follow the law. Even I get apprehensive to know that my mortal life is not permanent and that GOD holds the key to ressurection. So live it as you please and don't hold your soul to question your conscience. But if you feel there's a missing link you've got to look at the person reflecting in the mirror. To conquer the ocean one has to lose sight of the shore. Take that leap to the unknown and hopefully you'll conquer your fears.

Source(s): mine

Not entirely. There must be some concessions to live in a society with other human beings. Like not hurting others...

I don't think I could justify complete hedonism. But it's great to enjoy things in most anyway we want, within reason.

Since your question appears in "Religion & Spirituality," my answer would be: Having one mortal life means that we are accountable to God for the way we live our lives. For Christians, that means living our lives to glorify Him. God bless.

I really don't see how possibly anything we can do in this life will grant us eternal damnation or bliss. If anything, if we **** up they re-box us and send us back here again for another go around. And then you can ask this question again on Yahoo, have it answered by a self enlightened 14 yr old, while someone else does it right and moves on up.

That would be an atheistic approach. But without God there is no need for justification. Who would you be justifying your life to.

So justification is to a higher being. This higher being has set guidelines in the Bible.

You can live it in any way you want but be willing to suffer the consequences..God will let you go as far as you want to...he gives you free will..just don't expect to go to Heaven if you don't repent and ask God to save you.

If you were the only person in the world,maybe,but your choices have repercussions on the lives of those around you. That's why we have laws

No. This is where we are given an opportunity to receive Heaven as a free Gift.

GOD bless

No. You forget that " the golden rule : far predates any religion. We are evolved moral animals; to a greater or lesser degree.