What is the best way to reduce my cable clutter behind my TV?

I have an HDTV, HTIB, Xbox360, and a cable box. It's a huge mess behind my TV. I saw something called the "Wiremate". All these cables makes me worry about a fire.

Favorite Answer

If it is hidden from view where you sit just leave it .We all have the same problem .I am not in favour of bundling them together I keep mine spaced apart an just dust the area when necessary. You could make a low rectangular platform with 4 trolley wheels and put them under where they will be out of the way. That is what i have done except i have some of my equipment on top of the platform. Hope this helps.

• gkk_72

Most of those cables are low voltage so a fire is highly unlikely. However if you don't like the way it looks there are cable organizers you can use to make it look better. One of them is called a spiral wrap. What is good about it is it can be used on different sizes of cables and can easily be undone if you need to work with the individual cables. Here is one source of these spiral wraps. It is also possible your local electronics or car stereo place will have them too.

http://cableorganizer.com/spiral-wrap/

ps ... I looked up the wiremate and it appears to be a good solution aso.

Robert P, has got the right idea. It's kinda hopeless.

My only trick concerning wiring is using cheap 1 1/2" drainage hose as conduits for all travel along the floor, for the front-end cables and connectors.

I can't guarantee the audiophile stamp of approval, but it does clean things up.

Good luck.

I use a simple coil of nylon that is designed to wrap around the length of your cord-collection, allowing the cords to exit the coil where necessary. It's less than $5 for a 20 foot section, is very simple to use, and very effective.

I would check out this source:

http://www.chordsavers.com

They sell to the stage and studio musicians.