Comment on the following statement ...........................................................................

I have nothing against gays as long as they are hidden and keeping it a secret...

Favorite Answer

you are very enlightened, for a redneck

It's a false statement. If you expect or prefer gay people to keep their lives hidden, then you obviously see something wrong with their lifestyle, and thus you have something against them. Assuming you wouldn't make the same demand of a straight person.

Well 'adorable', the fact that you want gays to remain hidden in the closet means that you do have something against gays ... which makes you a hypocrite!

i think you do have something against the gay and lesbians in this world as you want them to keep their life secret...

thats like asking a straight person to keep there relationships a secret..

gay and lesbians are happy with their lives mostr of the time and with that sort of attitude it shows you have a problem....

think before you ask these questions...

That statement is exclusionary in that it denies all people the same rights a straight person takes for granted! Sorry, but, gay is here to stay and you can either accept people for who they are or eventually get left behind!

I have nothing against gays as long as they don't rock my world and my world can be anything and everything

Well I think that whatever your belief is that you have a right to it just like they have a right to do what they want........and this isn't really a bad statment even though I don't believe in it but some people are worse. But I don't think they should have to hide like they are not worthy to live like normal people and they should be punished for what they believe in. And Im a christian but I don't think it's right to hate a certain group of people..I don't agree but I don't hate them and God say love evryone right?

i have a very good friend that is gay. i even went to see him in California. all i asked if he would not bring a date over while i was there. we have been friends for about 28 years. i knew that he was gay before he admitted it to himself. i think it is wrong but i am not one who would judge anyone else because i know i am not perfect.

• *Jenn*

thats fine but i would take the part out about keeping it a secret and put in "as long as they dont go after me"

well i don't think they should keep it a secret unless there ready to let it out not to the world but there loved ones first they should feel comfortable with themselves and people around them should be comfortable to.period.

You must be nuts.... gay and lesbians have contributed to so much in our society that most people would like to admit. I think the more out the closet the merrier.