Can my step dad do this.?

Well my 16th birthday just passed.. and my mother kicked me outta the house (what a great present mom) its okay though i'd way rather live with my "dad" now i say it like this because he has really nothing over me he didnt concieve me.. my biological father left before i was even born.. but my mom started dating this guy my "dad" and i grew up with him being my "dad" called him dad and everything.. he was there when i was born and so forth.. now when i was about 5 or six they got divorced so he is really now my stepdad.. but i still call him dad visit him all the time (now im living with him).. anywhoo my question is being my "step dad" can he sign of for my paper work to get my lic. in the state of oregon. (portland) because my mom wont let me get because of our dispute and me getting kicked out and so forth.. on my birh certificate it says mother (moms name) and then unkown for the father.. so im not sure what my step dads legalities are over me.. i was using his last name for awhile

Favorite Answer

I'm no lawyer, but I would assume they're most concerned that a licensed adult would be the one signing the paperwork. If anyone were to question it, your dad saying "I'm the guardian", should stop any further questions.

As long as you two just act like normal bio father and son doing out to get a license and don't ask a lot of questions, nobody's going to go out of their way to question his authority.

Source(s): just a guess from knowing how little people like to actually pursue asking for proof and paperwork and such

It’s not easy to generalize the complex and emotionally rich world that is the relationship between fathers and daughters. In each stage of your life, who Dad is and what he represents changes. When you’re younger, he’s possibly your protector: squasher of bugs, creator of tree houses, bike-riding teacher. Fast forward to adolescence and he’s the enforcer: ensuring you get home by curfew, intimidating your boyfriends, a driving teacher.

Http://www.jensen-leiberan.com

He can only do this if he is your legal guardian. You can go to court and have him set as your legal guardian...your mom may contest this but she has no right considering she kicked you out. Technically since you are 16 you could fight to be considered as an adult (if you were living on your own).

It’s not easy to generalize the complex and emotionally rich world that is the relationship between fathers and daughters. In each stage of your life, who Dad is and what he represents changes. When you’re younger, he’s possibly your protector: squasher of bugs,

http://www.jensen-lieberan.com

• Bunz

Did your former step dad adopt you? My niece has a father, not biological, that adopted her when she was an infant. She has only known him as her dad, and he was legally, but he divorced my sister, yet he is still legally her father!

• Hmm... I'm not really sure. You'd probably have to take it to a higher authority. As far as I know, you can't, but if your Dad is made your legal gaurdian then he can.

Good luck!

rentFREAK

Methinks you're your own person now. 18 is legal contractual age in Oregon. More info here:

http://www.lawchek.com/Library1/_books/contract/qa...

if u using his surname and he will sign in your application as guardian i think u can.