what are some good .22 calibre bullets?

• DJ
    Favorite Answer

.22 are weird in that different guns, even same model and manufacturer, will like one ammo over all the others.....and price is often not a factor.

You really need to pick up an assortment of various types and brands and have a shoot-off to see what your gun likes. What better way to spend an afternoon?

That said, the 'big box' cheap ones are usually sort of poor performers and super expensive brands like Eley are better, but you need to try them all to be sure.

Source(s): Go join the forums at www.rimfirecentral.com and you can find this question answered many times and a lot of other cool stuff about .22s and .22 fans.

Depends on your gun. Buy a whole bunch of different types and makes of bullets like winchester, remington and federal, etc. then set up a target and shoot a group of about 5 or a whole clip and go by accuracy of the bullets. Over all though, i personally find Remington's bullets to be the best bullets for my .22 cal.

Eley or RWS are VERY high quality, but are expensive.

For under $3.00 a box, look into Remington Target, Remington Subsonic or Winchester Target. I have had wood luck with Wolf Match Grade (It's German, NOT Russian), although the lube is a little greasy. Good accuracy for the money.

If you want good to great accuracy, faster is not usually better. The most accurate 22s are standard velocity or subsonic.

• Jon

60 grain hornady V-Max hand loaded to 3100 FPS. Great for coyote and crow.

As for a rimfire cartridge, you just have to find the one that shoot the best in your rifle and stick with that. My ruger 10/22 likes winchester super x solids

My contender handgun likes most of federal's line as long as I stick to standard and/or high veolcity solids

Ruger Mk2 handgun likes winchester target.

CCI stinger hollow points there like a sore peter you just cant beat em

Winchester super x. the most reliable ammunition in the market today.

live in western PA, and damn proud of it <((((><

• cci stingers.