gals, when you want to take a break, does that mean its over?

i know she says that she just needs time ( a month ) but is she really thinking that shes gonna dump you?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yea, that means its over most likely

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She's reconsidering a lot of things at this point. Her life, her direction, there may have been a stressful event that caused her to pull away (death in family, illness, parents seperating, the list goes on). She needs time and space to think. Your best bet would be to give her that time and space, but let her know that you 1) understand she needs her time and you'll respect that because you respect her 2) Let her know that you still care and if and when she's ready to come back, you'll be there for her, even if its only as a friend.

This could go either way. I've had friends who have taken a break for a few months and gone on to get married. I've also been in the situation where the break worked and the relationship lasted another year before we mutually decided to part ways. I've also seen it where a break would have allowed everyone to breathe and recharge and come back to the relationship better then before. Take your time and dont rush her, it will only push her further away.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

Probably so. If she gave a specific amount of time (a month) that is actually a good sign. She might just feel stressed, burned out, or smothered in the relationship and wants to use the next 30 days to get her head on straight.

If she seems ambiguous about the timetable, you are on the dump list.

• 1 decade ago

well it may just mean that she's feeling a bit independent riite now and she just needs to be left alone...u no she most likely needs to just back off and see where things are going thats all...dont worry she'll probably sort her life out and come back to u. But then again maybe she's just ready to be with another guy...really it couold be either one...well good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

not necessarily, she probably needs sometime to think and to see if she misses you and still wants to be with you. sometimes stuff that happens in relationships is full on and you need a break to sort your head out. dont stress, whatever is meant to be will be. just give her some space and see what becomes of it

• 1 decade ago

No, it just means she needs space or time... she might be going through a rough time right now and a relationship is the last thing in her mind right now...

• 1 decade ago

no, it just means she just wants to cool off for a little while. i don' think she's going to dump you. when girls want to take a break they just want time to themselves for a little while, nothing against you probably though, she just probably feels that she wants to be alone for now. i think you should let her alone and then she will realize that she misses you alot and come back to you.

• 1 decade ago

depends on if there is anything going on in her life or not.

if not, yes, she isnt coming back.

is yes, then she is coming back. she just needs time to get her priorities straight and stuff.

but if you take too long of a break, you heart could switch directions..

• 1 decade ago

sorry hun but most likely yes we need space to explore and sometimes we fall out of love but dont want to hurt anyone so break helps that situation.

• Leelah
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No, i just need time to be free and think about where my relationship is going

• 1 decade ago

Most likely yes, she's going to get rid of you...but there's still that chance that she'll come back.

Just keep treating her the same and see what happens.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.