Christians if a person is?

on life support would it be considered murder to unplug them , it has been known that some recover i know in my living will i chose to be unplugged

Favorite Answer

Not long ago I saw on the news that a man in coma revived after MANY years. Personally, I look forward to the next life, and don't want to be on a bunch of man-made life support. FEAR of death is an issue in most peoples lives though...

• Cee T

That's a tough one. It probably depends on the age and general health of the person as well as how their family feels about it. My opinion is that a person should be allowed to die if it's pretty certain they won't recover. I would not consider that murder. If I had a heart attack and my heart stopped, I would certainly not want someone beating on my chest trying to bring me back. But I have no scripture to back this up. These are just my thoughts on the matter.

Amen! Me, too. If the person on life support wishes not to be made to stay alive it is not a sin to unplug it. Who in their right mind would want to linger here when the Lord is calling us home? Not me.

Would they die without life support? (Some folks are actually able to "live" on their own without life support , but are kept in that state for a "medical" reason.)

If their brain is not functioning and their heart would not function without life support, they're already dead.

But keeping everyone on life support would be a viable alternative for the right-to-lifers, now that I think about it! Think of it, no death on the planet.

• Esther

I think that's why it's very important to have a living will. You can choose not to be kept alive by artificial methods. I have to say, if it were a relative of mine, it would be a very difficult choice.

God created life, and, as such, he believes all life has value. Thus, to 'pull the plug' is wrong from a Christian Catholic viewpoint.

no it is not. If there was not a lifesupport system then what would happen? death is not something to be feared by a believer..

ask Jesus, if you are talking with Him every day your relationship will be as close as your boyfriends or significant other and then you will be able to hear His answer

• Mariah

They can determine if a person is brain dead or not and when a person is brain dead they are already dead.