Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 1 decade ago

Which file format is better to record, rip, burn cd's and songs with?

Also the kbps, does it affect quality? What about VBR? Which file format is better mp3, wav, wma etc ... I want one where I won't lost any quality or sound in my music. Please help on which is better for burning, ripping, and recording, Thank you!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

.wav

"Though a WAV file can hold compressed audio, the most common WAV format contains uncompressed audio in the pulse-code modulation (PCM) format. PCM audio is the standard audio file format for CDs at 44,100 samples per second, 16 bits per sample. Since PCM uses an uncompressed, lossless storage method, which keeps all the samples of an audio track, professional users or audio experts may use the WAV format for maximum audio quality."

Source(s): wiki
  • 1 decade ago

mp3 would be the better choice. With mp3, you can add and remove songs from the cd after you burn it, which is different from WMA or WAV.

• 1 decade ago

Your quality mostly depends on the original download. If it sucks, then it wont get better. This is why most of the old good download software used to have a rating of the file.

Once it's digital it stays digital unless you do something like download to audio tape.

• 1 decade ago

WAV IS BETTER FOR BURNING, WE BURN ALOT OF MUSIC, AND OUR CDS NEVER SKIP, BUT IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHAT SPEED YOURE BURNING AT. GO SEARCH ONLINE MAYBE FOR SOME INFO ON IT IF YOU DONT FIND WHAT U ARE LOOKING FOR. GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.