Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

what is a good grade to start wearing make-up?

Favorite Answer

seventh grade is a good grade but i would suggest only mascara and maybe a little bit of foundation.... maybe in highschool they can have there own sense of makeup style

Well, for the very few lucky ones out there that don't ever need to wear it, there is no "right" grade. However, if you have to, then around 8th grade is probably acceptable. I, personally didn't start wearing any make-up until 8th grade.

I started wearing a little bit in grade 7-8 and then became addicted to black eyeliner until I was about 22 and realized I had to tone things down.

It depends on the maturity of the child. If the child is showing responsibility in other things, then you may start out slowly, giving her a couple things to use like lipstick or blusher.

Many people wait till the girl is is a teenager, about 13 to 16, before wearing makeup.

I think 8th... it is before high school, and it is when girl's start thinking they're awesome and that they're grown. Also, it is when you start to develop as a person, like your personality. Not to mention, that's when most people have acne, and makeup can help to cover up your blemishes. So when you know who you are on the inside, it won't really matter what is on the outside. So yea, I'd say 8th or right before 8th like in the summer. O and keep it natural, and don't overdo it.

Source(s): experience :)

If you were my daughter, I would prefer that you did not wear it until you were 14 or 15. I would also want your mother or someone who knows how to use make-up well to teach you about it. Be careful when with it when you are a teenager, though, because you will likely get acne anyway, and you don't need to have make up clogging your pores to make the acne worse that it would otherwise be without it.

Source(s): Perspective of a father.

7th or 8th grade for those years u begin just wear mascara, lip gloss and eyeliner no shadow no need with just that you will look really pretty. Plus don't f up ur face with all that crap of make up. Its okay once in awhile just not a lot. b/c then ppl will think ur trying to hide ur ugliness.

in 7th grade u wear only lip gloss n clear mascara

in 8th grade u wear the same thing but maby w/ perfume

in 9th grade u can wear eye shadow n real mascar n stuff.

but then in 10th grade is anything

Eighth or ninth but it depends on the child's maturity and the amount of make up they are wearing. Sixth or seventh grade is Way too young.

im going in to the 8th grade and i sill dont wear makup!!!

in the 6th grade i was allowed to started wearing lip gloss!!

in the end off 7th grade i was allowed to start wearing clear mascara!!! and now thats all that i wear and i wouldnt really concider calling that "wearing make-up"

GOOD LUCK!!!

Source(s): life!