Still need help!!! getting peeved!!!!!!! HELP!?!?!?!?

ok so im 13. i look like im 15-18. i wear things that every 13 year old wears u know abercrombie and fitch, american eagle, etc. I get checked out by guys ranging from 15- 26 years old....It is so annoying. Plus i get checked out, whistled at and honked at by older guys but nobody my age seems to like me......is it my fault? i mean i have a great personality...im funny, nice, and smart.....whats wrong?!?!?!?!?! and how do i make everything stop?!?!?!?!?!

Favorite Answer

This has happened to me since I was about your age and it still does when I am currently almost 22. It's something you have to get used to. It stinks, I know. But--when you find someone who thinks you are attractive but is able to look into your eyes when speaking with you, you will know he is worth your time versus the other losers. Just give those creeps a dirty look and try not to let it get to you. And if they dare approach you, tell them how old you are. That ought to scare them if nothing else haha.

• Karla

I'm not sure if it's your fault or not. But there's an old saying that goes: "if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting."

So maybe try changing some things just to see if it makes a difference. Change your clothes or your hair/makeup. You're still a kid so just be a kid.

And at the end of the day - you know who you are and that's all that matters. Anyone who tries to be inappropriate with you just wants your attention. Don't give it to them. Ignore ignore ignore.

Sometimes kids can be cruel and that's sad. But again, YOU know who YOU are. And maybe it'll take some time for people to really know you, so just be patient and try not to stress over it too much.

Best of luck!

Well, if you didn't like it you wouldn't notice. You should take your mind off of what you think is happening and focus on what most 13 year olds think about. 13 is young. You have a long life ahead of you. Find friends, develop those relationships, don't neglect your brothers, sisters and grandparents...they wont be around as long as those guys will be so...try focusing on what you have and what is precious, and stay away from thinking and focusing on the other. You are too smart and young and have too much ahead of you to look forward to.

well if any of the 13 year old guys see you getting checked out by 15-18 year olds, they might think you like the attention rather than wanting to go out with one of the guys your own age.

It's not your fault. It's just that you've grown faster than everyone else. The guys are probably intimidated by you and can't build up the courage to ask out such a beautiful, hot girl. But trust me, in a few years, when you are in highschool, you will be in your glory days, guys left and right. Trust me.

Good Luck, and everything WILL work out.

• Sue C

Just enjoy the attention, it won't last forever! Maybe w/your looks, the younger guys feel intimidated by you. When you go back to school, you're bound to find someone your own age who'll appreciate you. Maybe you dress a little order than your age & you come over w/the appearance of someone older than you are?

Beanybaby 15, guys can be jerks. I am pretty sure you are not doing anything wrong. So please do not blame yourself. Have you every examined your clothing, not the name brand, but the way the clothing is fitting. Do you hang around with older girls or girls your age.

It sounds like your are interested in someone your age, but you still have to be careful. Perhaps the guys your age are intimidated by you.

If your attractive then live it up. Guys your own age might be scared to approach you and attempt to ask you out. Have fun with it!

just be careful, i was simmilar to you when i was 14, i wound up loosing my virginity when i was 14 to a 19 year old who convinced me he "loved" me, when in fact he just wanted me in bed. maybe lay off the skirts and short tops.

maybe ur intimidating to guys ur age. tone it down a little and maybe guys ur age will approach u.