Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 1 decade ago

is there a vehicle similar to a jeep wrangler????

i love the idea of the removeable doors&& top....but i can't seem to find any affordable ones in my area.....so is thre like...an immitation to a jeep wrangler or something???

Favorite Answer

Suzuki Samurai is similar but a lot more top heavy since it is narrower. Try looking into an old jeep cj5 or cj7. These are the ancestors of the wrangler and would be a fun jeep to have. There are so many accessories for the jeeps. I am not sure about the accessories for the Samurai. Besides if you are buying old, go for the real deal. All will most likely need work, but I think the jeep would be more worth it.

VW also made a "jeep" like vehicle like a thousand years ago.

Why not get an older CJ - say something around 1976-1978. The do all the same things, but have older technology in the suspension. Many are in great shape - for about $5000 or so.

Just as much fun though.

Back then they also had a Ford Bronco (bit bigger but same idea), and the Toyota FJ.

An old Suzuki Samarai