was Dimitri real in the movie anastasia?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Maggie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Acutally Anastasia is based on a true story. I don't remember which one Dimitri is, was he the love interest? Anastasia was a real Russian princess who mysteriously disappeared when the Russian empire was overthrown. The two main guys, I don't think they were real. But she did have several sisters and, of course, the grandmother, father, etc. They used her father's real name, I assume they used her grandmother's real name as well. And the scene where she is dancing around and a little limping boy brings her a necklace? That is her little brother. In real life, Anastasia had a brother with one bad leg. You should get a book or two on the real Anastasia, it's a really fascinating story. They've never found her, although a few girls claimed to be her. It was never verified, but one of the girls committed suicide soon after she came forward and claimed to be her.

• beisch
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Dimitri Anastasia

• 4 years ago

Anastasia And Dimitri

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

was Dimitri real in the movie anastasia?

Source(s): dimitri real movie anastasia: https://shortly.im/62EU9
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There were a few women claiming to be Anastasia, one of the Tsar's daughters. One in particular, Anna Anderson, came to live in the US and died in the 1970's. DNA testing was done and it was proven that she was not.

Regarding Dimitri, I really don't know.

After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the graves of the imperial Russian family was located and all of the bodies were identified, putting to rest the legend that Anastasia had survived the massacre.

• 6 years ago

Not entirely, but to some degree, he was real. The Romanov family really had a servant whose name was Dimitri Floydorovich Sudayev, but he didn't help the royal family in escaping. In fact he was saving only his own ***.

• Martha
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

ur not a freak! i sometimes have crushes on cartoons too! *laughs* i actually think zuko from avatar is hot. same for dimitri

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

he was but he was not Anastasia's love interest but her older sister Tatiana's

• 1 decade ago

The entire MOVIE is fiction (besides being a cartoon).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it was a character that was based on an actual person.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.