If widow remarries then gets a divorce are they still considered a widow?

My cousin was wondering.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope, she becomes a divorcee. Only remains a widow if she remains single after the spouse dies. She also looses all his social security benefits and jeopardizes losing any pensions in remarrying.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, she is divorced. When a widow remarries she is married, no longer a widow, when she gets divorced from that marriage she is divorced.

• 1 decade ago

you're only considered a widower if your husband dies. If you get divorced? You're called a divorcee.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i might reccomend interpreting Mark 12. some Sadducees requested Jesus an analogous factor, different than the jobs have been reversed. It in contact a woman that married a guy, yet while he died she grew to enhance into the spouse of the subsequent youthful brother as became the custom of the cases. ultimately she had married all seven brothers. in the ressurection there is neither husband nor spouse. there is not any prefer for marriage as quickly as we exist in a state of appropriate love for each guy or woman, and there is not any prefer for procreation. the affection could have surpassed our information a lot that even the earthly actual and emotional excitement of intercourse jointly with your better half would be not something while in comparison with the existence we are able to be residing in.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lydia
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. She was widowed from her first husband, divorced from her second. Her marital status is now divorced.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i thought once a widow always a widow

• 1 decade ago

Yes, they are still widowed to their first spouse.

• 1 decade ago

Definately a divorcee.

• Sue C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The last title is the one you go by. She'd be a divorcee.

• 1 decade ago

no now shes considered a divorcee

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.