Apple iPhone......?

I want to know what's so cool about the "iPhone"? All its features are already out. The only difference is that its made by apple. EVen as a apple user I say, "whats the big deal? It's a $600 novelty" or is it more......?

Update:

Nearly every smart phone now has a MP3 player (some of the motorola ones have iTunes), almost ALL have GPS and a camera, most newer smart phones have internet, Palms have touch screens. etc etc,

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Although all smart phones can access the Internet in the most simplest sense the iphone can access the true Internet. The iphone can do anything on the Internet that a home computer can. The iphone uses an actual hard drive instead of flash memory which in most phones is terribly small and not quite as fast as a hard drive. It also has a much faster processor, and sense it has a decent processor and an actual hard drive you can install games on it that will fit on its memory and that its sound and video devices will support. Most phones have terrible sound cards and the graphics are also terrible. The iphone has an even greater sound card than the ipod wich means even richer music. And the graphics card is comparable to a desktop PC. therefor you are not limited to music that only sounds decent and games that leave you wishing for more wich most smart phones offer. But if that doesn't apeal to you what about the fact that apple has nearly eliminated the use of buttons, just tha almost sold me. I have had to exchange my phone four times due to the fact that the plastic keys stop functioning due to normall day to day use.

Source(s): Internet, self experience(friend just bought one)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Found this- hope it helps. I have to dig down through site souced below to their Hardwware section to Apple products - then to iPhone then placed an order online (US only) & AT &T is service provider.

Quite frankly- Apple has scooped the other makers of mobile devices. Finally, a little listening to what we "as users" actually want. Simple- stylish- practical & multi-purpose.

The iPhone is designed primarily as mobile phone. It that will allow you to make a cellular phone calls by easily tapping a name or number in your address book, a favorites list, or a call log. You can automatically sync all your contacts from a PC, Mac, or Internet service. In addition, the iPhone will let you select and listen to voicemail messages- just like email. And in whatever order you want. The Visual Voicemail allows you to go directly to any of your messages without listening to the prior messages. So you can quickly select the messages that are most important to you.

Features of the iPhone for use as a cell phone with voicemail service, a screen with a Small Message Service (SMS) touch keyboard for viewing e-mail (composing- sending & receiving) and a built-in camera with a photo management application.

Source(s): www.internetetcetera.com
  • 1 decade ago

It's a $600 novelty. All the hype is basically because Apple is making it.

• 1 decade ago

none of the features are already out and they are awesome

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.