Which college is the best for me?

I want to stay within the United States and am interested in journalism and/or communications as a major, and have also considered something in language as well, as I have been studying Spanish for the past 3 years. I will be going into my senior year of high school in the fall. I have already taken a few AP courses and plan to take several next year, and my GPA is about a 4.1. I got a 2030 on the SAT I and my SAT II scores were all between 630 and 660. I am going into my 4th year of high school cross country, and I do a lot of community service. The campus life and location of the college I go to is important to me-- I want to enjoy living and studying there-- and I want to have a study abroad option. My rough list right now is UCLA and UCSD for target schools, Boston University and CSULB for "safe" schools, and UC Berkeley and NYU for "reach" schools. Any advice on how to revise my list or info about any of these or other schools is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Favorite Answer

If you sleep with the dean of admissions at Harvard, I think that would be good.

sure there some faculties in which you would be able to take those varieties of training, yet they're regularly the community college ones. 4 3 hundred and sixty 5 days college ones require a variety, probable money to word, and essays. I had taken a cake adorning classification as quickly as at an area college. And sure, I did meet my companion at school. It replaced into our freshman 3 hundred and sixty 5 days at Michigan State college. we are meant for the different!

Not just bc I live nearby but

University of Maryland- College Park has an outstanding newspaper. They have a school of journalism which is hard to get into for freshman and sophomores but you seem like an outstanding student so don't hesitate! They have a daily paper and since the school is near both DC and Baltimore there are a plethora of professional jobs for graduates and for interns.

You may want to look into it.

Also a hardcore sports school. (terps). But the campus is a nice and worth looking in to.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Live by UMD Boyfriend goes to school for journalism

Some suggestions. Decide what you want to major in, and apply to the best 5 schools in your field of interest. Do not just look at the school, look at the major. And aim for the best. You academic success to date is stellar.

Honestly what you have right now seems perfect. I was going to recommend some of those schools, but it seems like you know what you are doing. I think you will be fine.

if you're serious about journalism, look at northwestern. it'd be a reach for you but it's worth a shot.

the best schools for journalism are:

ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY

UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA

NORTHWESTERN

UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND

BOSTON UNIVERSITY

HARVARD

UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI - COLUMBIA

COLUMBIA

NYU

SYRACUSE

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA - CHAPEL HILL

OHIO UNIVERSITY

for spanish language:

UC BERKELEY

GEORGETOWN

UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO

UMASS - AMHERST

WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY IN ST LOUIS

PRINCETON

UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA