Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Will Pandora Recovery find files you had before ur computer got a virus and u had to delete all files then?

I was looking for a picture i had about 3 years ago in PAndora Recovery. I looked through a mojority of the files ( there were 31,208) and i knew it was a MB so that narrowed it down, but all the pictures on there were ones i had recently deleted. I know that my computer got a virus about a year ago So, will the file i am looking for be able to be recovered, since we had to delete all the files or whatever you do when you get a virus. I did the search criteria of 2001 and 2006 and there were only 361 and none of them are the picture i want Will I ever be able to find the picture?

Favorite Answer

Probably not.

When you deleted the file, Windows flagged it on your hard disk. As time went on, the data on the harddrive where the files were located became overwritten.