Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 1 decade ago

How do I convert a Hexidecimal color to something that the paint person can understand?

I would like to get some paint to match my company logo.

My photo program gives me the color in Hexidecimal and then the R G B values, and the bightness and stuff. Is this what I need for the person at Porter Paints to give the the EXACT color I want? What should I do?

(Don't say "Print it out" because it's a very specific shade that must be perfect. Printers will distort the color.)

HELP!

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

If your paint person can't work with the RGB values, try this website: http://easyrgb.com/matching.php

In the "Select a color collection" menu, click Porter. Enter the color values in the R, G, and B boxes, then click Match.

You should contact the person who is making the paint, and ask them. You may find out that they use computers that can match hexadecimal colors. So definitely give them a call, and ask what you need.