was the immigration bill that just got murdered in the senate about legal or illegal immigration ?

i thought people like me were against it because it made illegal immigrants legal. but according to president Bush, it was only about legal immigration.

here is a quote from the president that i just read.

"Legal immigration is one of the top concerns of the American people and Congress' failure to act on it is a disappointment,"

so who is confused? me, or the president?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He frequently trips over a question and fractures the answer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is for the Illegals. The plan was to grant them citizenship because we can't get them out. But most people hated it, because it is completely unfair to the hardworking legal immigrants. I'm glad it got struck down, even as a Republican, Legal immigrants deserve to be respected by our government.

• 1 decade ago

the president.

surprise surprise

it was about illegal immigration

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The president was trying to soften the blow. But the American People told him, Kennedy, McCain and the rest of them, that we ain't buying their chit anymore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the president naturally he always thougth that( like the pro illegals )that the illegals were legal immigrants

• 1 decade ago

Bush also said the bill granted amnesty.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2190.html

Bush doesn't understand what he reads off of the teleprompter. All he knows is he needs to say what Mexico, Israel or Cheney tells him to say and sign what they tell him to sign.

No comprende Senor Bush.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seems like senor Buush is trying to run for presidente of Mexico,he might as well,he has commited political suicide here.

• 1 decade ago

From what I understand is was an amnesty bill that would have granted amnesty to illegals

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.