Who was the first Brit to set foot on the moon?

apollo 11 obviously wasnt the only lander to reach the moon

what about the Russian dont tell me they havent

done it 00000000000000000000

• nick s
    Favorite Answer

How do you make such a statement without checking your facts.

Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 were the only moon landings.

All were NASA.

All were American.

The Brits have not got a space program, and never had one.

The few people that have ever set foot on the moon were American, though they haven't returned in almost 35 years.

I think it should also be noted that contrary to what Nick s stated, there was in fact a British space program operating during the post-war period (mainly for military interests) though it was terminated when the government ended there funding. It was however briefly revived in 1982 with an ambitious attempt to design and build a re-usable space plane, but funding was again ended by the government when its engine was classified as top secret! Britain is still active in space projects with other organizations such as esa and in its private sector developing space planes for satellite launching and space tourism (such as virgin Atlantic and starchaser)

Russians on the moon that's never happened. Brits on the moon??? Have they ever been in space? Beside on someone else's rocket? I thinks it's all US. If another country had been to the moon believe me they would have let it be known. I know that there are conspiracy theories that the US space program never went but look at the facts. Don't believe everything on TV. It's a shame that everything is a conspiracy. Elvis, Moon, Biggie, on and on and on .......................................

There have been no manned landings by astronauts of any nation except the USA. Twelve Americans have walked on the moon, and no other humans.

Reminds me of an Eddie Izzard quote about a kid wanting to space travel:

"You're British! Scale it back a bit!"

None has yet done so. Twelve people have been on the moon, all from the USA.

A better question yet is did anyone ever land on the moon at all? o_O

*wow some people can't take a joke...six thumbs down....lighten up people I'm not retarded*

some wanker