hey going to tijuana for the weekend. im an american citizen....?

i don't feel comfortable carrying around my birth certificate. what papers do i need in order to cross the border. were just staying in tijuana.

Favorite Answer

Nobody minds you going to Mexico, especially if you are an illegal. If you're a U.S. citizen who is going over and wants to come back, take your U.S. birth certificate and your photo ID. Too bad you feel uncomfortable carrying these, as the burden of proof lies on YOU to satisfy the U.S. officers that you are in fact a U.S. citizen. Carry a money belt, fanny pack, or bag around your neck to carry your documents with. Better yet, get a passport. In 2008 you will need one anyway.

Driver's license and a copy of your birth certificate. Stop dragging your feet and get a passport! Everybody should have one, its a perfect second identity if your driver's license gets lost or stolen.

Your id or driver license is fine at least for now. Passports will be mandatory in January 2008.

If I was you just be care-full during the night don't be around the streets by yourself at night and don't show how much money you have in your hands I'm Mexican that's why I'm letting you know, don't buy illegal pills because they are busting people at this time and be care-full to respect the cops or otherwise you are going to find yourself all beat up in a alley. Good luck!