Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Is there any financial website that has this feature?

I'm looking for a finance website that shows a stock's annual returns, year by year. I know most websites use graphs, but it takes me too long to run my cursor along the graph to figure out how much it gained or lost in one specific year. It's such an important piece of info and I'm surprised I haven't come across it yet. Or is this feature already available? Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

Morningstar provides that information at their web site. Here is an example I am looking at right now.

AMED

2002 -14.3

2003 152.7

2004 113.4

2005 30.4

2006 3.8

2007 ytd 12.5

they also compare the return to the S&P 500 and the industry and give 1 mo, 3 mo, 1 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr, and 10 yr returns.

Here is the link, but you may have to sign up to get there.

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/StockNet/StockRet...

Another option open to you is the very handy dandy feature provided by Yahoo finance that allows you to down load historic stock prices to a spread sheet.

The stocksmonthly web site will show returns month by month and annually.

You can see an example at the link below:-

The Total column shows the return from 31-dec to 31-dec. What you will notice is that stocks fluctuate quite a bit during the year.

The stocksmonthly web site has analysed these fluctuations and developed a very profitable system.