I'm hoping to go to Germany, Poland, Czech Republic & Austria next year.?

Any idea if it's better to fly from Berlin to Krakow or would be safer to take a night train over ? Any suggestions on what to do and see in Poland would be welcome too ! Or any advice for that matter. ^_^ I'm on a really tight schedule and can only afford to go for 3 weeks. So I know this trip will be a mad rush ... Thanks !

Favorite Answer

If time is of the essence, it might be better to fly but the train is fine. Depending on how early you book, the plane might even be cheaper or close in price.

Poland is a very nice place, and Krakow wasn't damaged during WWII so has a lot of great architecture. The town square is Glowny Rynek and there's lots of great cafes and restaurants in the streets around this. Wawel Castle is interesting. The Tatras Mountains nearby are nice for hiking, and Zakopane is the major city in that area. Warsaw is a nice large city with museums, cultural events, and decent nightlife.

I disagree with the previous poster about Auschwitz -- I think any person travelling to that part of Europe should visit these concentration camp memorials to see the horror of that era for themselves. It's depressing, but it shows a bad side of our recent history.

Prague is one of my favorite cities in the world -- gorgeous buildings and architecture. Great shopping and funky artists.

Source(s): I studied in Krakow and Vienna for university. Travelled a lot in eastern/central Europe. http://www.polandtour.org/ http://www.czechtourism.com/eng/uk/docs/holiday-ti...

I would take a train from Berlin to Krakow, simply because the two cities are not that far apart and it would be cheaper.

Personally, I think you should go to Krakow and see the wawel castle. I saw it and i liked it also in the same city their is something called sukiennice which is like an indoor market place with souvenirs. You could go to Auszwitch or Birkenau but in my opinion don't go unless your brave because i wouldn't. Almost forgot you could go to the mountains or to the Baltic Sea.... Hope this helped!

Source(s): I've been to poland!

lol, i'm a Polak (well, i'm a girl,so polka), you cannot die without seeing the wawel castle!!!! it's an awsome place!!!!

Source(s): Me