I was thinking on going all white for my bedspread and sheets... white down, help me out please!?

See, my bedroom is a very rich and elegant french bistro theme. There are dark browns and oranges, yellows and golds... I have always wnated an all white bed and sheets, yet I am afraid that it would look lost with the chocate colors. Do any of you have an all white bed with vibrant color schemes? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yes, but make sure your bedspread and pillows are very fluffy (puffy even) and not flat ... if you've got a flat bedspread/quilt it will indeed look 'lost' -or I'd say 'deflated' rather than inviting. You could get or make shams with gold or yellow edges. And a dark brown bedskirt? (But, that wouldn't be all white, would it?) I see no problem with crepes in a french bistro:) Good luck!

• Trish

Maybe a white down bedspread with light brown or gold sheets. I would use some pillows that matched your sheets.

I have all white bedding - My duvet cover that is folded at the foot is a light butter yellow. My apt has different woods and all brown and ivory. Looks fine. easy to clean b/c you can bleach. You can always get a "trim" on your sheet set with a solid color block. pottery barn and garnet hill and restoration hardware has options.

1] get the all white stuff - definitely in a puffier version

2] add pillows in the brown, orange, yellow and gold to toss on the bed

This will tie it all together nicely.

3] add a trunk or chair with a combo of the brights on it, maybe?

Source(s): me

Dude, are you gay?!