Are Borgetti and Guardado going to play against Ecuador this Sunday?

Are they playing this Sunday, July 1st?? Or are they still ingured?

Update:

okay so borgettis out. i hope Guardado can play!

Update 2:

okay i just heard that Guardado said the possibilites of him playing sunday is 50-50, he said he didnt feel good after practice and the doctor doesnt want him to risk it

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Rafa!
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Guardado might be ready but Borguetti is gone. He isn'r playing in this tournament

• 1 decade ago

Borgetti is out of the tournament due to an injury and has been replaced by Landin. Let´s hope Guardado is ready by Sunday (I sure he will play at least half a game)

• 1 decade ago

Not Borgetti. He was replaced by Luis Landin because of an injury he suffered vs the U.S. a few days back.

As for Guardado...I don't know. The line-up that played Brazil did well, so Hugo might repeat them. However, look for him to at least be subbed in if Mexico needs more depth along the left sideline.

• 1 decade ago

Andres guardado has been confirmed to be out against the Ecuador because the doctor does not want to risk him since yesterday at the practice he was feeling dizzy again. but surely Guardado is going to come back soon.

As for Jared Borgetti, the guy above me is correct, he has been replaced by Pachuca striker Luis Angel Landin and has been discarded for they future games due to a muscle strain in his left thigh.

Source(s): www.mediotiempo.com
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Borgetti is out but i'm not sure about guardado.

If they don't play mexico doesn't has big chances of winning. They will need to work extra hard.

• d!☮
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'M pretty sure Guardado well be READY to play good as always.

and

Borgetti is out of the tournament

Source(s): btw. nice screen name :) MS.Guardado :) (he is KINDA cute BUT he's all yours i HAVE MY MEMO OCHOA:)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Borgetti is gone, and Luis Angel Landin is comiong up to take his place. Guardado might play against Ecuador, but we'll find out.

• 1 decade ago

No Borgetti's out, I was right there too when he got injured. Oh well.

Guardado was also right in front of me when he passed out, poor guy. Anyway, Sanchez already called in Landin to replace Borgetti, but really how do you replace a player like that?

• 1 decade ago

i don't like borgetti he is a player that waits mostly for the ball and never really go out for it only in the desperate moments he should just retire and file for social security not that he wasn't a good player but his days have passed and he is just taking the place of a player that has more potential then him which is omar bravo and i hope that andres guarado gets to play but you never know that was a hard hit in the head he took

• 1 decade ago

i'm sure guardado will be playing but borgetti is out of the tournament i think.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.