happy. asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

can i become a good fighter?

i just started taking taekwondo a month ago. i'm the only white belt in my dojo and i feel really left out. i want to get good fast and join lots of competitions. i have a brown belt in aikido though....can i still get really good taekwondo with only a couple years?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes..... but no-sort of. Of course you can get really good if your dedicated but you can't rush art. It's beauty lies in the length of time it requires to become a "master". If you want to compete, I'm sure you'll get good enough in no time, but if you rush the fine art of Tae-Kwon-Do you will miss out on half the Tae-Kwon-Do experience, and what good does that get you?

Source(s): Black Belt, WTF
  • 1 decade ago

well the thing with taekwondo is that after each season u recive a belt... after u do competitions and i dont know about ur dojo but i paid 4 each belt... so i think u can get better or be really good at TKD but u have to try really hard...

• 1 decade ago

CHAOS IS RIGHT

Believe in your self and you will become what you wish.

I have seen a guy that did years off Boxing go to train in Karate, But tell you what he turned out fantastic,.

YES YOU CAN GET GOOD WITH ONLY A COUPLE OFF YEARS.

TRAIN HARD AND BELIEVE!!!! DO NOT STRESS ABOUT IT HAVE FUN!!

• 1 decade ago

Didn't they teach you about self confidence? You will only be as good as you allow yourself to be. If you want to be great, let yourself be great. Work harder then everyone else, greatness comes from within. I know, I took 15 years of Muay Thai and those were the few things my dad taught me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

try kick boxing, bjj, Judo, and wrestling if you want to be a good fighter.

• 1 decade ago

Sure you can with lots and lots of practice. Good luck to you....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

woooooooooooowwwwwwwww............ amazing... of course you can...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.