Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

So what's the other side of the Rapture?

I've been doing a little studying on the Rapture. .as of right now I do believe the Rapture but. . I don't fully understand the side that doesn't. How do you explain scriptures that talk about the Rapture. .Are there any any parts or scripture that deny the Rapture? If you could give some details and supporting verses that would be great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

(verses are listed there)

DARMILL:

I'm not sure how that really answered my question. .I do read the Bible. .I do get convictions. .And I have read some of Revelations. But thanks for not answering my question.

Favorite Answer

Ok, I took a study that helped with this. In Beth Moore's study of Daniel she talks about the different ideas behind end time events. If you are interested in that you might see if a church near you is teaching it, or you can order CDs and a workbook from Lifeway.com. The DVD is the best version because some of her explanations are pretty heavy and the visual aids she provides help, but what ever you can do...

Her explanation goes into much of what is discussed on the link you gave with the Amillenialism (Basically they that Christs 1000 year reign is a figuretive number and is happening now in the church age. They believe we are living in a time where Satan is currently bound in the pit, and upon Christs return judgement will immediately happen- to me this one makes no sense. Satan is bound NOW?) and Premillemmialism (the belief that Christ will literally reign on earth for 1000 years).

Premillennnialists break into two types Historic Premillennialists and Disepensational Premillenialism. Historic Pre. believe that we are currently in a "church age", then there will be a time of tribulation, then Christ will return and the dead and living in Christ will reign on earth for 1000 years. This is the "other side of the rapture" you asked about. They believe Christians will remain for the tribulation before Christs return.

The next belief is Dispensational Premillennialism (I am not loving you for making me type these big words, and I am sorry if i mix up the letters sometimes :) ) Basically this is what I believe. And it is the idea that Beth follows in her study. Dispensationalist see Israel as God's people but, distinct from the church. The tribulation and the millenium fullfills Gods promises for Israel, but the rapture (either before the antichrist comes to power and begins a 7 year tribulation period OR at 3 1/2 years when he becomes indwelt and is "ressurected") takes the church to Heaven and allows Gods promises and judgements to fall upon the nation of Israel and the unrepentant only.

Both forms of premillennialism agree about what happens after Christs literal and physical 1000 reign on earth. That Satan will be loosed, join forces with unbelievers and attempt to overthrow Christ and His followers. They will however be quickly defeated. At this point all unbelievers who have died throughout history will stand judgement and believers will have a seperate "white throne" judgement.

It is really just different interpretations of Daniel and Revelations, and really when you get down to it, it just does not matter. I mean here is the thing, if you believe in Christ, really believe, but you believe that the pre trib rapture is an accurate interpretation, would you stop believing when the antichrist came to power? Or maybe you would say, ok it must mean the rapture will happen in 3 1/2 years, if it didn't is that what your faith rests on?

The important thing to remember is that Christ will return. NO ONE knows when. The bible does not tell us that. The apostles thought it would be in their lifetime. People of every generation since then has believed that. There are signs, there are things that have to happen, prophesy that must be fullfilled, but we are getting to the point where it seems close. When Israel was acknowledged as a soverign nation in 1948 that was a huge step. Since there is prophesy of an attack coming from the land Gog and Magog (Russia, Iran and other Persian nations) against Israel, but looking at recent headlines about Russian and Iranian threats this could happen tomorrow (or 1000 years from now) and that attack will be quickly followed by the rise of the antichrist who will negotiate a 7 year peace treaty with Israel and the 7 years of tribulation will begin. Again this is interpretation. Some belive the temple will have to be rebuilt before the antichrist comes to power, others believe it will happen while he is in power, it is prophesied that sacrifices and temple rituals will be allowed during his reign, and that the temple will be rebuilt, but not clear on the timeline. I think those who are adamant that it will be rebuilt during are trying to remove road blocks from Christs return. The truth is we don't know, and Christ does not need us to help Him desipher prophesy. He knows when He is coming.

The thing to remember is CHRIST WILL RETURN. And He will defeat Satan. And believers do receive eternal life. The rest is an interesting debate and the study of great scholars, but just not important to belief. It is nice to try and guess what God will do, but really looking around, we often have no idea. So, I wait, expectant, hopeful, excited, and curious to see exactly what my God will do to amaze me next.

Hope this helps. Have a great night.

you don't need to read "wikipedia," Read Revelations in the Bible. You can find Revelation in the Index of the Bible. I don't understand why people are so afraid to read the Bible! It don't bite, it don't force religion on you, it don't hurt you; but, then again, on second thought; it might bring some convictions into your mind or in other words; make you feel guilty about your ways.

The event where, upon Jesus' return, those who have died in Christ and those Christians who are then alive will be physically caught up to the clouds and meet the Lord Jesus in the air. We will then forever be with the Lord. (1 Thess. 4:16-5:2)

Here is a Video that you may find Interesting , it is about 3 Minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNZvfiKrJHo

Youtube thumbnail

And another one that is about 1 minute long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9r_Jo4N-aE

Youtube thumbnail