Matt T
Matt T asked in Games & RecreationAmusement Parks · 1 decade ago

Will Six Flags in Southern California shut down?

It's been there for 45 years and I love the park! Long Live Six Flags.

Favorite Answer

no i think they sold the park and now its under new ownership. so think its fine now.

Six Flags announced plans Thursday to sell or close six of its properties, including the chain's once-flagship park, Magic Mountain, in Valencia, Calif.

In a press release issued after the U.S. stock market closed Thursday, Six Flags announced that it would sell the properties, to either a single buyer or multiple buyers, or that it might sell or redeploy the properties' attractions, to clear the land for real estate sale.

The six parks on the block are Magic Mountain, Elitch Gardens in downtown Denver, Colorado, Darien Lake near Buffalo, New York, Wild Waves and Enchanted Village outside Seattle, Washington and the waterparks Six Flags Waterworld in Concord and Six Flags Splashdown in Houston.

Long-time TPI readers are familiar with our coverage of Six Flags' financial struggles, and we predicted some of the parks would be going back in January. With Paramount Parks already selling out to Cedar Fair, one wonders what company will be able and willing to mount a bid to purchase the Six Flags parks. Real estate sales, alas, seem the most likely result for most of the parks. Magic Mountain, obviously, is the most viable park among the six, but Cedar Fair already has a Southern California park, in Buena Park's Knott's Berry Farm. The land underneath Magic Mountain would be worth many millions, even in SoCal's stalled real estate market, if no theme park company is willing to add this roller coaster haven to its portfolio.

• actually it hasnt been there for 45 years the one that has existed for 45 years is the one in texas between dallas and arlington that was the first six flags park magic mtn is only like 30 years old

No, Magic Mountain is not closing. The head of Six Flags listed Magic mtn as a possible property of land to sell but decided against it.

I heard about this a year or two ago - they were going to because of gang violence.. I am glad to see they are still up and running! I love Six Flags!

you mean wally world dont ya??? lol if u saw the movie u know what im talkin about

NO. I RECENTLY WENT

I DONT THINK IT WILL BE CLOSIN ANYTIME SOON

I don't think they'll closed, ;)

they were but there not anymore

IT BETTER NOT!!!!!!