What do you call a person who believes in the existence of a God but follows NO religious principles?

Is there a title for that sort of person?

Serious answers please. I don't want to hear "an idiot" or "a non-believer" or "stupid" or something..

Favorite Answer

hypocrite

I for one have on no account stated that approximately non-believers. in certainty I even have stated the choice, apart from maximum on Y/A, i've got self belief maximum non-believers are compassionate, loving, being concerned human beings. only because of the fact they don't seem to be a believer in Jesus Christ does not advise they don't have a coronary heart. notwithstanding as I stated above Y/A looks to have quite a number of non-believers who're down proper impolite, now despite if or not they're like that IRL, i don't understand. however an analogous opt for the Christians too, I even have seen quite a number of Christians on right here and grimace at most of the comments.

Agnostic

• Marie

Do you know that even Satan knows acknowledges the existence of God? Satan shudders when he thinks of his fate! Just acknowledging God's existence is not enough to keep one away from the fate that awaits those who do not accept the atonement sacrifice of Jesus, His son! If one accepts the sacrifice made by Christ, then one is required to follow Christ. I would say that a person who just acknowledges the existance of God and Christ but does nothing more, is still lost. One must act on this knowledge to be redeemed.

If you are talking about following no religion but none the less except that the Bible is true and try to follow its teachings you are a christian. If you do not believe in the bible and the God who is in the bible then you are a atheist or a Idol worshiper who believes in a God of his or her own making not the true God.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder. James 2:19

I don't have a title for that but would consider that scary.

If you do not accept Jesus Christ as Lord of your life, repent (turn from) your sins, and follow Jesus, then believing God's existence does you no good.

• A

Well, it would depend on whether or no you believe in a theistic god (a god that interferes with life and you can have a personal relationship with) or deistic god (a god that does not interact with the universe currently and you don't have a personal relationship with).

Either a theist or a deist.

Source(s): You would not call someone like that agnostic.

I would want to ask the same thing. At first I thought the word is 'agnosticism' only to find out that it was defined as a belief that the existence of God can never be sufficient.

You would be an Agnostic, also referred to as a Deist.

Raji the Green Witch

• S K

Agnostic.

Agnostic is someone who believes in a higher power, but doesn't believe it is being accurately represented by any known means.

a deist is someone who believes a higher power made everything, but doesn't directly assosciate with it after it was made. Kind of like a clock maker that made an awesome clock, wound it up, then hung it up on a wall and forgot about it.