why do people confuse Christianity with Religion?

Christianity is not a religion!

Jesus Christ did not day " come on all people, join my Religion"

Jesus Said: I'm the way the truth and the life!

and also tha word Religion is not mention in the Bible"

Man created Religion! not God

Update:

OF COURSE ACCRODING TO THIS WORLD IT'S A RELIGION

BUT TECHNICALLY IT ISN'T

Update 2:

IN THE ORIGINAL HEBREW THE WORD IS "doctrine"

and i know James mentioned the word 1 time , still he's not saying Christianity is a religion!

get a grip man! i beat you

Update 3:

and 1 timothy 3:16 uhm i don' know what version U used but that's not the correct one! becareful with versions always go with the original!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not a religion?

Perhaps the churches would like to start paying taxes then.

• 1 decade ago

You should try reading the Bible: 1 Timothy 3:16 says about Christianity: "Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. "

Any Hindu will tell you: Hinduism isn't a religion, it's a way of life.

Apparently the author of the Epistle of James didn't share your negative view of religion either.

• 1 decade ago

WELL SAID!

Religion is man's way to search for God.. Salvation is God finding man and making a sinner a son.

Our Lord most definately NEVER presented Himself as a religion.. In fact He did not reveal the keys to the Kingdom to the religious ones.. the religious world was His biggest persecutors and frustration....He came to the poor in spirit and the pure in heart and revealed the heart of the Father to them...

He indeed is our way truth and Life.. the way into the bosom of the Father..

And now here we are.. all the redeemed ones .. loving Jesus... giving Him a way in our being day by day.. to be tranformed in all our inward parts through the working and operating of His Spirit indwelling us... Telling people that this is not just some religion with outward ordinances and rituals.. but having Christ as our very life and living Him out.

May the Lord rescue more... For God desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth !

• 1 decade ago

We hear this all the time, but its just a matter of semantics. Here is the American Heritage Dictionary definition of religion: NOUN: 1a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe. b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship. Christianity fits this definition to a T.

This claim that it is not a religion is just intellectual snobbery and arrogance, placing yourself above other faiths, which seems to be an integral part of Christian religion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, it is a religion whether you like it or not.

Among Christians, this aversion to "religion" is unique to Evangelicalism. Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy and mainstream Protestantism never tried to claim that Christianity is "not a religion". The Protestant "reformers" did not object to the the term religion either; in fact, they all used it to refer to the Christian Faith! So why do modern Evangelicals find this term so repugnant?

• 1 decade ago

In sociological terms, it IS a religion. Sorry. And if you don't think that members of other faiths have just as profound and personal a relationship with their Deities as you do with Jesus, then you know nothing about the spiritual practices of your fellow human beings.

• eldad9
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

This is bad marketing, like that "don't call it a phone" ad.

It's very much a religion, and by insisting that it's not, you're just showing how stubborn and illogical christians are.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Christianity is one religion amongst many, albeit an important one.

• 1 decade ago

Okay.... sigh.... Look in any world religions book you'll see Christianity staring in bold print up at you...

Added: are you telling me you are going against the world?

If yes... well... good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Everytime I thought you've said something that can't be topped, you make a claim like "Christianity isnt a religion".

Source(s): Please consider stand-up.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.