Now why would Charley Pride do this???!!!?

He said that he kisses an angel good morning then he loves her like the devil when he gets back home...let me tell ya sumthin', I would NEVER love the devil and have NEVER loved the devil...Charley seems like a real nice man, so why would he love an angel like he loves a devil?!?!?!? I'd like to believe he HATES the devil.....Hmmm...sumthin' screwy with that song...!!!

• forbes
    Favorite Answer

Not really, sex is more devilish but cute morning kisses are more angelic

Look at the lines in the song... ".. Love her LIKE the devil.."

This is an old country saying, meaning giving one's all to the act.... "I'm gonna run like the devil".... It has NOTHING to do with loving the devil... Even if there were such an entity... which there's not...

You are taking it completely out of context.....it wasn't meant that he thinks she is.. or that he loves the devil.....

it was simply a way of saying he was going to be naughty with her when he got back home.....

I sorta get your point but who cares what he or the writer meant, HE CAN SING "SKIP TO MY LOU" and that'll be just fine with me..HE'S THE BEST!

Have you ever heard of grudge fircking?