Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 1 decade ago

Is Tarzana, CA a decent place to live?

Favorite Answer

Tarzana is a lovely place to live---close to Ventura Bl. and the 101 freeway. Yes, it's a little hotter than other Valley areas and 10 to 20 degrees hotter than West L.A., but you get used to it.

You could do worse in the Valley, that's for sure.

Tarzana, CA is in the San Fernando Valley part of Los Angeles. The San Fernando Valley is very hot in the summer and very high levels of smog, due to the air being socked in between the Santa Monica & San Fernando Mountains.

I cant speak to the cost of living, since I dont like that part of LA because of the heat and smog. I prefer the West side of LA, to get the cooler ocean breezes, cooler temp and alot less smog.

Source(s): Longtime Los Angeles resident

A catch phrase that real estate agents use is "South of THE boulevard, meaning Ventura blvd. I would live there but preferred Sylmar in the northeast valley. Usualy a couple of degrees cooler than the rest of the valley and an undeserved rep as a "high crime" area.

It is a very diverse neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley. It is somewhat affluent yet there are neighborhoods that are poor.

Yes,its on the higher end of places in LA..Hotter than most of LA

decent but very hot during summer and don't forget its rather expensive neighborhood to live....