Nena asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how many pounds will i lose if i dont eat for a week?

im a girl 14 year old 5'1 and 134 use to be 152 and i tried fasting and in 2 days i lost 6...how many pounds will i lose in a week?

Update:

i try being active but the thing is my heart hurts when i do and i eat healthy too.plus i got asthma which makes it worse.and im losing my hair i dont what it is.....do you know?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

none

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sure you'll lose a substantial amount of pounds, but it really isn't the right thing for you to be doing, especially at 14! Why don't you try working out, like jogging or taking walks with friends, or dance classes? That'll make you lose weight and have fun at the same time. Why the starvation thing is not good: when you stop eating, your body goes into "starvation mode" which means that what you eat next is used up to fuel the system, which means that when you eat something after a week, it'll sure as hell get converted to fat- think bears before hibernation and all that fat, and after hibernation. Not to mention that your skin will end up looking blotchy/uneven, your hair won't be at it's best, and your energy levels will plummet, leaving you cranky and snappish. Eat in moderation, eat sensibly, and go out and have fun- it's great that you're concerned about your body weight, but don't overdo it.

Why don't you try seventeen.com-- they've got fitness and nutrition sections. At your age, you ought to be having fun :) not looking to starve to lose weight.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Honey,you've got to be kidding! You're 14 and you're worried about your weight?

Your body is still growing and developing and it'll continue till you're between 19 to 21.

I'll tell you what;stop worrying about your weight and start enjoying being a teenager.

I've said this plenty of times and I'll say it again. PLEASE get checked by a doctor BEFORE starting ANY exercise or diet regimen.

Don't ever starve your body. And don't try losing weight fast or your body can go into shock and kill you.Stay away from the candy and sodas along with the pastries. Eat fruit and vegetables along with less meat. I said LESS,not none. Your body needs that protein. Fish is good too. Baked not fried.

Drink lots of water too. And you don't have to turn into an exercise freak. Simply walk around the block every evening. Divide your meals from three large ones into six small ones.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do the math. Another 15 lbs most likely. Then when you start eating again, you will gain it all back in only 2 days...because that is how the body works...it doesn't like to be starved. So how about you quit being a moron and eat healthy all the time while incorporating regular exercise so you don't have to do this every month for the rest of your life?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe 3 pounds, although what you see on the scale will be lower because most of what you are lsing is water-weight. A word of caution: You should not fast for more than 24 hours, and when you do you should do so sparingly. I know there are many sites that claim fasting is safe, effective, and healthy, but the credibility of the sites is not good. If you were to go on a credible health site and search fasting you will find most doctors agree it is not safe. Try searching it on www.webmd.com

I would suggest lowering your intake rather than fasting, it will be effective and healthier for you.

• 1 decade ago

That would be AWFUL for your body. As soon as you started eating again, you would gain everything you lost (and much more) back. If you want to lose weight, the best this is to eat a healthy balanced diet and to get regular exercise. Also, you are only 14, you are still physically maturing and it isn't the best longterm idea to be dieting now. You're healhty as you are.

• 1 decade ago

You're probably losing your hair because your body is anoretic and isn't getting the nutrients it needs. A main sign of anorexia is brittle, dry hair that falls out.

Fasting isn't going to help you keep off weight. Sure, you may lose a couple of pounds to start with, but it's all lean muscle mass, which is what you want to keep. When your body starves, it stores fat instead of utilizing it. You'd be much better off just dieting and exercising. You'd lose a lot more and be able to keep it off and your hair wouldn't be falling out.

Good luck and be safe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You might lose a few pounds, but most of it will be water weight and as soon as you start to eat and drink again, the weight will return. You need to just limit your caloric intake and aim for losing 1-2 pounds per week. It will take longer, but will give you lasting effects.

• 1 decade ago

Probably no more than 6. Afer around 48 hours your body enters a starving stage and eners into a sort of shutdown to preserve itself. The heart and metabolism both slow down, you will become tired and have difficulty walking after 3 days. Later you will become sick as your body saves stored fat for survival and starts to eat away its own muscle for needed nutrition.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you will lose around 20 pounds in a week of ONLY drinking water, don't eat anything not even juice or chewing gum.

i did that for 2 weeks and lost 40 lbs, but i also did alot of exercise, The only bad side effect i experienced was almost passing out while lifting weights, everything went black for 5 seconds and i was shaking for 10 minutes but i looked damn good.

I have also kept the weight off for about 6 months now, maintaining the weight is much harder then losing it.

• 1 decade ago

Your going to gain it all back once you start eating again. It's kind of pointless going to extremes like that and not doing it the old fashion healthy way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.