Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If the Bible isn't true, how do you explain all the prophecies that have been fulfilled?

You can't.

Favorite Answer

the bible and god is all true

The same way we explain the prophecies of Nostradamus, very vague and can apply to almost any situation. For example those living in each century and each decade since the writing of Revelation have used that book to prove these things were happening in their lifetime.

Each generation has believed they were the last generation on earth using bible prophecy.

BB

The same way those psychic hot lines know stuff about you. The bible says stuff in a way that can be interpreted multiple ways so you can make any halfway similar occurrence seem like a prophecy. If the bible where to say specifically what it means to say instead of being cryptic you would see a lot more things that don't match.

It is very easy to look back at prophetic writings and make them fit situations after the fact. People do it all the time with Nostradamus and other soothsayers. The prophecies of the Bible are the same.

Um wow that sales it, lol the bible is true? Besides you didn't list things you just said "all the prophecies that have been fulfilled. Makes it look like you didn't read nor pretend you ever read at least one sentence.

They can't explain why all these prophecies have come true...all they can do is criticize it....most unlearned critics that post here haven't even READ the prophecies....and are simply repeating liberal media propoganda.

The amazing thing about the critics who post here is that they are unwittingly fulfilling this Biblical prophecy.....

"

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, ....false accusers,....fierce,despisers of them that are good,....traitors, ,....lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God,.......ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of Truth".( II Tim. 3:1-7)

Source(s): "for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine...but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers telling them what they WANT to hear...." (2Tim.4:2)

Well, if you are thinking about the Book of Daniel, most scholars date it after the events it 'predicts'. It was presumably written before the death of Antiochus Epiphanes, however, since it predicts that he would die alone (and that the final judgment and end of the world would occur immediately after).

If you are thinking about the New Testament, I'd read the prophecies quoted in Matthew 1-2 in their original context if I were you. You'll see that in their original contexts, these were not predictions about Jesus. The ones from Hosea and Jeremiah were clearly about Israel in their original context. Matthew's use of them is typological - it is readers who don't know the original contexts who misunderstand and think he is claiming these writings PREDICTED Jesus.

It would be interesting to see what Protestants would make of the passage from Wisdom of Solomon (in the 'Apocrypha') that clearly inspired Matthew's account of the crucifixion. If one is going to ignore that the authors of the later texts presented these events as fulfillments, which doesn't prove that they were, Protestants will still have to ask whether this text that isn't in our canon 'predicts' Jesus' passion. Take a look:

Wisdom of Solomon 2:12-23

"Let us lie in wait for the righteous man, because he is inconvenient to us and opposes our actions; he reproaches us for sins against the law, and accuses us of sins against our training. He professes to have knowledge of God, and calls himself a child of the Lord. He became to us a reproof of our thoughts; the very sight of him is a burden to us, because his manner of life is unlike that of others, and his ways are strange. We are considered by him as something base, and he avoids our ways as unclean; he calls the last end of the righteous happy, and boasts that God is his father. Let us see if his words are true, and let us test what will happen at the end of his life; for if the righteous man is God's son, he will help him, and will deliver him from the hand of his adversaries. Let us test him with insult and torture, that we may find out how gentle he is, and make trial of his forbearance. Let us condemn him to a shameful death, for, according to what he says, he will be protected."

Thus they reasoned, but they were led astray, for their wickedness blinded them, and they did not know the secret purposes of God, nor hope for the wages of holiness, nor discern the prize for blameless souls; for God created man for incorruption, and made him in the image of his own eternity,

John, you should try reading what Biblical Scholars have to say about the Bible. It is easy to prophesize because a lot of it was written after the fact. And there are thousands of errors in the Bible as well as vague passages that can be interpreted in any manner to fit any purpose. Frankly, I consider it poorly written fiction.

How do explain that you don't make stuff up?

you cant.

If the bible were true, we would be forced to accept it and there would not a need for debate. The fact that we can actually have a debate about it is evidence enough that the bible is not contrived, at least completely unproven

You mean like these that say Jesus will be back when people are still alive? I think he is a little late.:

Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Mark 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Are you kidding me? I prophecies that I will go downstairs and get a glass of water...

Added: Wow I have a glass of water!!!!! I am so writing a bible!