I don't want my real name to show on the screen when I IM a perso how can I take it off?

I just want my screen name and not my full real name'

Favorite Answer

When you go the prefrences it should ask you what you want your display name to show as and then you just clickon the one you want. usually it is either your name, email address or just your screen name.

You have to change it in three places . Goto My Account from the top of any yahoo page and edit your contact details . 2nd make sure your profile which also can be accessed from My Account does not have your name listed . Last goto the main messenger window Messenger tab - My Contact Details , change that as well .

Now the other problem is this with messenger anyone who you have on your list will still have your old Contact Information listed .

They must request your new contact information or it will remain the same . Problem there is they arent going to do it most likely specially if you dont know them . What you will have to do us use DAB - Deny A Buddy which will remove your name from thier list . Then delete them from your list and re-add them if you wish .

Just deleting someone from your list does not mean you are removed from thier list .

You can find Deny a Buddy and other chat help here

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/chathelp1/

remove real name

click on messenger then my contact details